MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67031 - 12/29/01 11:07 AM Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Iīm sure it sounds as if Iīm boasting... and maybe I am just a little bit proud, but I was happily interviewed at the offices of Madridiaro.es on Monday and you can read the (short) interview with photos (one horrible) HERE .

Then if THAT wasnīt enough, I was called yesterday to come to the studios of TeleMadrid for a radio interview! I was so excited and nervous but it went more or less well. Luckily, my ladyfriend was there for a couple sticky questions which I didnīt totally understand. But it was an honor to be invited.

So thatīs that! Hope you donīt all think Iīm blowing my horn too loudly. I wouldīve told you all before about the live radio interview today but I was in the small villages of Valladolid and didnīt have computer access or you couldīve listed to it live via the internet. What a shame. Oh well. It only lasted about 10 minutes, but was fun.

After todayīs interview, I got to tour the radio station of Radio Nacional de Espaņa as well as the television studios of TVE (Televisión Espaņola). It was an exciting day!

Saludos to all and will see some of you tomorrow night at El Brillante!!!! (going to Cafe de las Chinitas tonight for flamenco!)

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67032 - 12/29/01 11:36 AM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Ok, ok! You are famous! :P

Remember us when you get rich!

Seriously I will say, Telemadrid is the TV channel exclusive for the province of Madrid, and Onda Madrid is its radio station. For us, it is very courious how a forgeiner could fall in love with our city and attract many others to it. We should make you a monument for increising the tourism in Madrid wink

Madrid, for some reason, has not been very visited by tourists. This has changed, now we can see lots of people (is really astonishing). No matter how much people come, since we are a big city it is not easy to find tourists unless you go to typical places (as Prado Museum, ...).

Go on MM! Congratulations!

Fernando

#67033 - 12/29/01 01:33 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
Congratulations Madridman smile

#67034 - 12/29/01 03:25 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Fernando,I can only speak for Uk visitors but you have Easyjet and Go to thank for your influx from here.Before their existance,it would never have occured to me to visit Madrid.In fact Madrid was our 3rd choice destination the first time Easyjet had a special promotion (Barca and Palma were our 1st and 2nd choices.Our trip in February will be our 7th and as we have never flown on a plane less than 3/4 full I can imagine the economy of Madrid has received a real boost since the start of the low-cost airlines.

#67035 - 12/29/01 03:28 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
One question, which of the photos do you consider the horrible one?

Maybe they were trying to attract circulation with pictures of "hombres americanos en 'topless'"...those tricky, tricky content editors!

If anyone's interested, MM has one interview and pictorial that he didn't mention. You can find it at: www.hombrestopless.es/chavalesdeohio.html

laugh

#67036 - 12/29/01 07:28 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Congrats Madrid Man! Too bad we didnīt know about the interviews ahead of time...would have loved to see/hear them. Oh well!

Go ahead, blow your own horn...itīs well deserved! I have been telling my students about your website and have been encouraging them to go to the party tomorrow night. Donīt know if I have been convincing enough... Looking forward to meeting you and the gang!

#67037 - 12/31/01 06:12 AM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
OH MY GOSH! THAT's the COOLest! Did you ask them for a JOB???!?!?!?!?

hehe

tracy

#67038 - 12/31/01 08:33 AM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
MM, Congrats!!!

Fernando is right (!), you should be honored for spreading the word on this most excellent and culturally rich and diverse nation.

I have no words for the lack of main-stream appreciation (tourism) for Madrid and Spain's culture. (I'd say the majority of the 40M tourists to Spain head to ocean.)

There is a "nasty" (but sure funny - heh-heh) and cliched comment about American tourists: "...the great American buffalo herd..." It does make me laugh a bit because it is a sad truth that many tourists flock to "what is 'known'."

I always knew I'd visit Spain - in my attempt to explore southern Europe. Maybe I have such an elevated appreciation for Spanish culture because I first visited the country last August for a friend's wedding in Malaga. And ironically, maybe I love touring Spain for the lack of "French/Italian-like tourism.

Who knows. I guess it's another of the great "Catch 22's." On the one hand I wish more on my fellow Americans had the thirst for Spanish culture...on the other hand I'm glad I can visit Spain and easily taste Spanish culture....without the mobs of tourists one finds in other European countries.

MM, again a toast to you for this superb site; And use of tech to bring this great group of Spaniards, "Americans," British, etc together!!! Your accolades are very well deserved!

#67039 - 12/31/01 12:53 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

I can't think of anyone who deserves the honor of being recognized by the Spanish media for what you've done, to promote Madrid, more than you do.

It wasn't luck that brought you to this point. It was your dedication to a project, and if God's willing, it will be seen by people who can make a difference in getting you to Madrid with a job offer, that will allow you to create even more of your dream, where we can all continue to enjoy the results of your efforts.

Happy New Year MadridMan! You deserve the best for what you've done, for all of us.

Wolf

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#67040 - 01/01/02 01:18 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Congratulations MM! this is certainly MY favorite website about Spain/Madrid. wink

I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the topless picture they had chosen for the article eek

#67041 - 01/03/02 01:32 PM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ĄQué Verguenza! (re: shirtless photo in the previous interview/article)

TeleMadrid is apparently sending my ladyfriend a copy of the interview on tape and when/if she gets/sends it I'll try somehow to digitize and put it on the website for all to laugh at... umm.. I mean, enjoy. hehehe.. rolleyes

Thanks all for your kind words. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67042 - 01/05/02 11:00 AM Re: Interview! TeleMadrid & Madridiario
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hey MM - that topless picture gets you every time! :o

As far as tooting your own horn - the great PR and ensuing publicity you got are all more than deserved! laugh laugh

You give all of us of "Spainophiles" a tremendous gift with your web site - and you definatly help increase the knowledge and understanding of Spain - and I'm sure help add a few pesetas - oops - Euros - to the tourist board budget.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments