Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#66914 - 11/13/01 12:31 PM Re: Juan Luis Guerra??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Carole Chiaro, I really like Marc Antoine's "Madrid" CD... It's easy-listening, to say the least. He's French, but I like his soft guitar sounds.

Do the Gypsy Kings have a new CD? I thought they broke up years ago? I have nearly all they made to present and LOVE "Cantos de Amor". It's GREAT "make-out" (kissing) music. hehehee... eek :p :o

My ladyfriend loves Celia Cruz, by the way, but I haven't heard much myself.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66915 - 11/13/01 05:35 PM Re: Juan Luis Guerra??
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
MadridMan: I saw Gypsy Kings a couple of years ago in New York. I am sure they were back here this summer, so I'd say they are still together.

#66916 - 11/13/01 07:28 PM Re: Juan Luis Guerra??
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I'm sure (well, as sure as I can ever be) that I saw a new cd when we were in El Corte Ingles. And I think they performed here at the Concord Pavilion earlier this year. I've seen them a couple of times. Best local venue is the Greek Theatre (small and open-air) at UC, Berkeley. I really don't enjoy the big outdoor concerts with the limited "pavilion" seating and additional "first come, first served stretch-out-on-the-lawn" seating. We saw Gloria Estefan a few years ago at the Concord Pavilion...basically watched her on the many television monitors scattered about. Not my idea of a great evening. (Off subject: we loved the entertainment at Casa Patas in Madrid. Very authentic. More later in the proper forum!)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1683 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments