Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66879 - 11/06/01 11:03 AM Spanish subtitles and tv programs
Xena Offline

Loc: Bucharest
Hello to you all!
I have been missing for a few months cause when I read this board I am overwhelmed by the yearning of Madrid and I can't go there for a while, I cannot take any time off from work.
I miss Madrid and Spain so much that I sometimes want to fly out there only for a weekend.
Anyway, I have learned Spanish for a year or so but I can't understand much of spoken Spanish. So I decided that I will buy a sattelite dish to watch a lot of new programs. And I have some questions:
1. Can I buy a card for watching Canal Satelite Digital in Spanish (paying by credit card or with the help of Spanish friends)? I mean is this legal?
2. Are the sitcoms (it's my hobby to watch sitcoms, mostly American ones) dubbed in Spanish or I can see Spanish subtitles for them?

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#66880 - 11/06/01 11:54 AM Re: Spanish subtitles and tv programs
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Xena: That's a good question, but not one that we can answer if you're currently in Romania. Is your location accurate? If so, I don't have any information for you on satellite TV in Bucharest. Spanish can't be that difficult for you, though...as Romanian is kindred to Spanish...can it?

#66881 - 11/06/01 12:57 PM Re: Spanish subtitles and tv programs
Xena Offline

yes, i am from Romania.
but i wanna know if i can pay from here for Canal Satelite Digital package.
and even if i can't please tell me if the sitcoms are subtitled or not. i know that most of the movies aren't dubbed, but i'm not intersted in them.
anyway it's very hard for me to understand spoken Spanish on tv. they speak way too fast.

#66882 - 11/07/01 06:35 PM Re: Spanish subtitles and tv programs
Felix Offline

Loc: madrid
xena, sitcoms are all dubbed and never subtitled (nothing on spanish TV is subtitled but very very few moovies. In relation with Canal Satélite Digital, I am not sure if it is legal to use it outside spain, as the channel only pays the rights to show the programs in spain. In any case I am not sure if it is possible to have a pirate instalation (a lot of people in spain are using pirate cards). Maybe you can try to ask directly to Canal satélite ( http://www.csatelite.es/ ) and also try to search some information in the internet about pirate cards.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#66883 - 11/08/01 05:38 AM Re: Spanish subtitles and tv programs
Miguelito Offline

But you can watch lots of telenovelas in Romania in Spanish subtitled in Romanian.
There are also some free satelite channels:
TVE international, Galavison (mexican) (I don't know more)
In TVE with some TVs you can get a subtitled for deafs in some programs.

#66884 - 11/08/01 06:20 AM Re: Spanish subtitles and tv programs
Xena Offline

I hate telenovelas. I love sitcoms. But do you know if I can pay directly to Canal+ for a card? I saw on their tv guide that the sitcoms (except Friends) are not dubbed.

#66885 - 11/09/01 12:42 PM Re: Spanish subtitles and tv programs
Felix Offline

Loc: madrid
Xena, I don't know if you can pay directly to Canal+ for the card; have you tried to send them an e-mail to them asking it?
In relation with sitcoms being subtitled or dubbed, I am almost sure that none of them are subtitled; here in Spain all the programs are dubbled and subtitling them will mean to lost viewers, as we are not used to see them in their original languaje.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments