Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66732 - 07/27/01 07:55 AM Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(July 30, 2001: The archived article can now be found HERE )

Hello all! I'm very proud (red-faced :o ) to announce an article in today's www.Madridiario.es website from noon today until Sunday noon (Ohio/East Coast USA time).

2 weeks ago a journalist with www.Madridiario.es , Pilar Pintado (what a pretty name, eh??!), interviewed me in the MadridMan's Chat Room from 6:00am 'til 7:15am and too all my information (all conducted in Spanish cool ) and today's the day for the article (also written in Spanish. Sorry!).

Hope you enjoy it. I know I'll be proud and already am....thanks to fine people like yourselves for making it what it is.

For those who speak/read Spanish, Señorita Pintado wrote me today, "Te mando este email para confirmarte que hoy viernes a las 6 de la tarde (a las 12 en Ohio) sale el reportaje de MadridMan en www.madridiario.es. Va a estar hasta el domingo también a las 6 de la tarde. Espero que te guste."

Saludos, MadridMan laugh :o cool

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66733 - 07/27/01 08:12 AM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

You deserve the accolades. You are probably the best spokesman for Madrid that there is.

Where else in the world can people from all over the world join together and voice opinions, and get information like this? The answer is, they can't!

I hope that some day in the near future, you are invited to Madrid as a guest of the Mayor, and chauffeur driven to all the sights as an honored guest. If anyone deserves it, you do. Without your foresight in building this site up for us, we wouldn't have this home to go to... and communicate with each other.

I want to thank you for making this site what it is. You're the driving force that made it happen.

Even though I have a limited Spanish vocabulary, I can always use the Altavista translator to make sense out of what I read. Here's the link for anyone who is Spanish impaired like me... http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Wolf (Sending an ice bag to MadridMan so he can apply it to his head, to keep the swelling down... laugh ) Sorry! Just had to add that last one... Can't let you off that easy... smile

#66734 - 07/27/01 08:13 AM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Tia Offline

WOW! That´s fantastic! Congrats from tiajohanna laugh

#66735 - 07/27/01 08:56 AM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
WELL DONE!!!!! I agree with you Wolf he deserves a MEDAL. You are right when you say there isn't another message board like it anywhere. laugh laugh laugh

#66736 - 07/27/01 12:12 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

"Naked Yankee with Spanish heart spotted on prestigious Spanish Web Site"

Good on you MM! This is just the start.....!! laugh

#66737 - 07/27/01 12:14 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

OH MY GOD #$%@!&^#!!! WHAT THE **** (yes, I put the * there) WERE THEY THINKING!?!?!?!?! MY GOD!!!! Why the hell did they use a SHIRTLESS photo of me!?!??! $%&^#@*! That's JUUUUUUST great. ARGH!!! mad

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66738 - 07/27/01 12:25 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
smile :)And one more Congratulations!
You and your site are some of the best public relations possible for Madrid (and the rest of Spain) - Wolf is right - one of these days the Madrid mayor will have that limo waiting for you! smile smile smile

Of course, now that the mayor has seen you shirtless .... laugh

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: Puna ]

#66739 - 07/27/01 12:38 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
GREAT ARTICLE! CONGRATULATIONS, MadridMan! smile

jmcarr

#66740 - 07/27/01 01:10 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks a lot for your kind words, group!! I guess ANY "exposure" is better than NO "exposure". But, you know, I kinda feel... well... a little EXPOSED! hehehe... laugh

The journalist did make a few little mistakes in a few minor details, but I liked it pretty well in general too.

Hopefully Madrid's Mayor will see it, make some calls, and have me on the next plane to "meet and greet", take a few publicity photos, have that limo at my disposal, you know, nothing big just a public "coronation" on stage in the center of the Plaza Mayor with a sash and key to the city. OH, and of course, an open ended residency visa with my name on it. Aaaahh.. Now THAT would be the icing on the cake ... Aaahh... (dreaming....) Forget the icing! That would be the WHOLE cake!

I formally thank Pilar Pintado and www.Madridiario.es for interviewing me and publishing such a flattering article about MadridMan.com . laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#66741 - 07/27/01 01:15 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Wolf Offline

MadridMan,

Boy! This one is wide open. I don't know where to start... laugh

Nah! I'm not going to mention any of them. We'll let you wriggle off the hook this time... smile There's only one to a customer though.

Wolf (Who's laughing so hard he's getting chest pains.)

#66742 - 07/27/01 01:20 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hey group, does anyone have any idea what the heck Wolfgang is talking about????

Saludos, MadridMan ("clueless-in-Columbus")

#66743 - 07/27/01 01:25 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Pookita Offline

Loc: FL, USA
MM - I don't think you disclosed that this is a NUDIST message board! (You didn't think those live cam shots would catch up with you, eh?)

Yes, exposure of ANY kind (from the waist up laugh )can only be good for The Cause.

My Spanish is quite rusty, but it didn't take away from the great write-up!

Congratulations, MM!!

Pookita

#66744 - 07/27/01 01:39 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Wolf Offline

MadridMan,

You asked for it... laugh

Why didn't you tell them the hair transplants go on your head, not on your chest? eek

The story is great but the picture out front reminded me of an old Burma Shave set of signs I first saw out in the Dakotas nearly forty years ago. It goes like this; "Farmer Brown, who's bald on top, wishes he could, rotate the crop!" laugh

Wolf (Who's claiming temporary insanity over the things he remembers from the past... rolleyes )

#66745 - 07/27/01 02:10 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
PacoM Offline

Congratulations! I think that you should be named 'hijo adoptivo predilecto de madrid'

#66746 - 07/27/01 08:33 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Madridman: You deserve all the recognition you receive as you have worked quitr hard for it. I hope you get more & more. laugh laugh Also Wolf #81: Thanks so much for the great translator page cause I speak very little Spanglish and read about the same. It has come in handy already. laugh

#66747 - 07/27/01 10:13 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Congratulations MM and keep up the good work!!!!! laugh

#66748 - 07/28/01 09:15 AM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratuations, when I first came across, a year or two ago, I never thought you could have such lively forums.

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: Ignacio ]

#66749 - 07/30/01 10:06 AM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for all your kind words, people. :o

You may now find the archived article HERE .

#66750 - 07/30/01 06:04 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
nevado Offline

Congrats and hopefully someone will see it (somewith with a job to offer that is). I must say though, you may wind up with a "boys" offer. smile

#66751 - 07/30/01 10:16 PM Re: Article: MadridMan on Madridiario.es !!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
VIVA MADRIDMAN!!!

Congrats, MadridMan, you deserved it and made us proud!!

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments