Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66720 - 07/22/01 01:45 PM "Wild On" goes to Malaga
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Okay, so there was already on thread which gave a pretty fairly deserved thumbs down to E!'s "Wild On" program the last time they featured Spain (well, it was a thumbs down in general). Last Friday I saw a new one where they were at Feria de Malaga. Despite the usual "Wild On" cheesiness (including feeding the Gibralter Apes potato chips ), it made the Feria look like a real blast! Except they kept on refering to Malaga as 'The Spanish Riviera'. What's with that?? Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else caught this fine television show and its expose of the Malaga party scene. cool laugh

#66721 - 07/22/01 05:02 PM Re: "Wild On" goes to Malaga
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Hi Kurt. I remember that the Costa del Sol was called the "Spanish Riviera" years ago. Perhaps only by the U.S. travel agents who booked numerous beach vacations for U.S. travelers to that area of Spain. I'm not sure who gave that title, but it has been used.

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Sofia ]

#66722 - 07/24/01 09:07 AM Re: "Wild On" goes to Malaga
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I know I'm probably a little bit biased rolleyes but for an "outsider" the Malaga feria is easily the best in Spain.

In April in Sevilla, there is nothing happening in the city centre during the daytime. Everything is centered on the fairground, where, unless you are a local with access to your private caseta, you are definitely an outsider. In Malaga, during the feria del dia, everybody has a ball and the streets are given over almost entirely to the party atmosphere. No comparison. smile

The one downside is the intense heat, as it is held in the scorching sun of August. Must drink lots of water.... plus a bit of fino and ice cold pale cream sherry too!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments