Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66717 - 07/16/01 01:10 PM Madrid/Spain Travel Posters
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I am in search of travel posters of Madrid or other places in Spain. Ideally I am looking for the kind you might see up in a travel agency or even some of the vintage ones.

Anyone got ideas on where to find some?

#66718 - 07/16/01 06:20 PM Re: Madrid/Spain Travel Posters
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Try contacting the Spanish Tourist Office in the US. If you come to Spain, you can ask at the tourist offices here, but there are always a shortage of posters since they are given away for free.

If you happen to be in Madrid during the end of January, you can visit Fitur , the second biggest tourism fair in the world. They have plenty of posters, brochures and information about Spain and other countries.

#66719 - 07/18/01 11:39 AM Re: Madrid/Spain Travel Posters
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm assuming you're a teacher, as I once was. My most successful runs at free posters were from the consulate general, the Spanish tourist office in the US and your local travel agent.

In addition, I asked wherever I went in Spain for any poster I could see. My rationale was shoot first ask questions later. I would go to any store and ask for anything. (I got a huge novelty-sized ATM card at a bank just because I asked...and that was in the US!) People are more than willing to part with worthless stuff when they feel they're doing something noble like helping a teacher.

I've got some other "fuentes" of free stuff, but I need to research from my list to get that info to you. Look back here in a few days.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments