Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#66686 - 07/18/01 07:23 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
You're welcome, Eva, I always like to get others interested in what my American friends call "that dumb Spanish stuff." Another song that we heard over and over is "El humahuaqueño" which is known by its repetition of "bailarrrrrrrr, bailarrrrrrrr." And could anyone possibly explain why there is such a popular song about mayonnaise? Everyone in Salamanca was singing it, and one day on the street I asked a bunch of guys: "¿Por qué hay una canción sobre mayonesa?" and they simply replied, "Porque es España." smile

#66687 - 07/19/01 09:54 AM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
Eva Offline

Loc: Toronto
My friends say the same thing but I don't care - I find Spanish music so joyous and alive! I am hoping that Caribe 2001 cd comes out in Canada - I have checked HMV and they only have 2000. Everytime I go on vacation I hear new songs that make me feel so good - I just want more!

#66688 - 07/21/01 07:42 AM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
I picked up the Caribe 2001 compilation CD at El Corte Ingles in Barcelona just before I left for Germany yesterday. It's awesome!!!!!! It reminds me of all the dancing and drinking in Salamanca 2 weeks ago, and it contains almost all of the songs that were popular in the bars and clubs. What a great reminder of my trip, BAILARRRRRRR, BAILARRRRRRR!!

Also, I highly recommend the group ESTOPA, who play a blend of flamenco and rock/pop which is really good. I have been listening to these CD's non-stop since leaving!!

#66689 - 07/21/01 03:45 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
Majesty318 Offline

Hey canadiense, I was going to email, but your address doesn't show: what bars did you go to in Salamanca, because I think I was there at the same time. I was there June 25-30 and July 4-12. Perhaps we met. smile

#66690 - 07/22/01 12:33 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I'm wondering what the song "Mayonesa" could sound like. I picture it to the tune of U2's Elevation: MA-YO-NE-SA

We got Caribe 2000 in Barcelona last December. I'm dying to go back to Spain to get more cds.

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: caminante ]

#66691 - 07/22/01 04:31 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Majesty, it's not a song about "mayonesa". It's about a girl (like most songs are) and talks about "mayonesa" when explaining the way that girl makes him feel. If I find the lyrics, I'll post them here.

#66692 - 07/22/01 05:55 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
Majesty318 Offline

Thanks, Antonio, that's interesting. I'd love to see the lyrics if you can find them.

#66693 - 07/22/01 10:16 PM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I just made a tape for the gym of songs from Boom 2000 and Caribe 2000 and Festivalbar 2001 (an Italian Boom-like CD we got in Italy in June). These huge compilation cds are great. I may have to see if I can get someone I know to buy me Boom 2001 and Caribe 2001 (It looks like we won't be in Spain again until 2002).

You make me feel like mayonesa? confused How exactly does that feel? confused You make me feel like an ensaladilla rusa with lots and lots of mayonesa. Yum! It makes me want to sing too:

MA-Y0-NE-SA eek

#66694 - 07/23/01 08:16 AM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Hey Majesty, I just fixed that e-mail address thing, it should now be viewable (better late than never I guess).

Ok, the bars I hit in Salamanca (including a review while I'm at it):

Camelot (lot's of rowdy guiri's having a good time, a young crowd for the most part).
Garamond (I went to both locations, the location on Calle de Toro was great around 4 in the morning when the other bars started to close up).
El Cafe Moderno (a really good mixture of guiri's and natives, a lot of fun)
El Sabor (Merengue, Salsa, if it's latino, El Sabor has it, some great dancing, it heats up around 2 in the morning on Thursday through Saturday).
Cum Laude (good location just outside the plaza mayor, a good mix of people).
El Carmen (a little known bar just around the corner from Camelot, the owner is a really cool guy and plays great spanish music, the really popular stuff as well as other music that the bigger discos don't play).

I hit a lot of other places as well, and also went to see the bullrunning "La Glorieta" at the Plaza del Toros. Did you go to see it?

I didn't sleep much but made it to my classes everyday, so I consider it a success.

#66695 - 07/23/01 09:10 AM Re: Song: Bomba - Does anyone know the artist?
Eva Offline

Loc: Toronto
Now I *have* to get it!!! Does anyone know where I can get Caribe 2001 in Canada???

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments