Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66634 - 06/15/01 11:04 AM MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's right! Catch me tonight at 8pm ET (east coast USA time) on the Lycos Talk Show network. CLICK HERE details about "The MadridMan.com Show: Let's Talk About Spain!!"

I realize that if it's difficult to get people together at a certain time in the chat room I expect it to be MUCH MORE difficult to get people to listen.

This is a talk show, yes. I can take Spain-related calls (if you have a microphone), you may ask your Spain-related questions, and tell me/us your Spain-related stories/experiences. The show's duration is about 1-hour (the hour BEFORE the NBA Finals probably FINAL game).

And get this! Lycos/Wonderhorse (the maker of the application) seems to be in cahoots with Microsoft because you may NOT use Netscape to listen to the show.

Tonight's is my FINAL UNofficial broadcast... I've used this week as my practice week and MONDAY night at 9pm ET will be my FIRST OFFICIAL broadcast of "The MadridMan.com Show: Let's Talk About Spain!". Check my bio page/schedule for future scheduled shows.

All this too much for you to remember? On my bio page (see link just above), you can sign up for an email notice of my next scheduled show.

I know. I know. I can JUST hear some of you out there saying to yourselves, "Sheesh! rolleyes What an EGO that MadridMan has! NOW he thinks people actually want to HEAR his voice too??! I can't take it! It's TOO MUCH!"

Keep in mind that it is a call in show, but I'll be happy to jibber-jabber about all the riches and richness of Spain between calls. This week I've averaged about 35 listeners per show and around 15 calls per show according to the reports supplied to me.

(People tell me I have "A Radio Voice")

I've been working on format, asking "trivia" questions, appropriate stories, and other STUFF. Give a listen if you're not doing anything at 8pm tonight, on a Friday night (probably ZERO of you... why would you want to waste an hour on a Friday night with MadridMan blabbering on and on about ANYTHING??).

Hope to hear from you (and you hear me) tonight!

Saludos, MadridMan laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66635 - 06/15/01 03:02 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
OK, I've downloaded all the stuff to listen to you. But I'm so stupid that I can't work out what time your 8pm Friday night is for me here in England. Any ideas? I've even got my mike set up, but there is NO WAYI will be talking!!! eek eek eek

Jo-Anne

#66636 - 06/15/01 03:10 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi Jo-Anne! Thanks for asking/your interest. 8pm ET (which is NYC time) is 5 hours before you so that would be approximately 2 hours ago now. eek confused Hahahaha.. Just kidding. I'm afraid you would have to tune in at 1am your time in the UK so you'll likely already be asleep.

And why not "call in"???? Believe me, few people are listening yet (maybe 1 or 2 people at any given time) and I'd like to hear your voice! You could tell me/us about your Spain trips via VOICE!

Hope to HEAR from you tonight! laugh Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66637 - 06/15/01 04:39 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#66638 - 06/15/01 08:48 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi, MM I have just tuned in to your talk show on Lycos, At last I can put a voice to your picture! My reception was a bit weak but I put that down to my PC (Cheap). Will tune in again and who knows I might get up the courage to talk to you!!!!!
Good luck. laugh

#66639 - 06/15/01 09:14 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
I got everything done just in time to hear "ciao folks!" Oh the torture!!

Guess I will just have to tune in on Monday!
now, if I can just figure out this damn microphone works (I didn't believe my boyfriend when he told me that thing would be useful...now I can really drive you nuts, Madridman) laugh

#66640 - 06/15/01 09:48 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hello group! I'm glad a few of you got to hear the show. Next broadcast will be Monday night at 9pm ET (east coast USA time) or 6pm Pacific (west coast USA time). I want to hear from you!! laugh

#66641 - 06/15/01 11:10 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

If only I had brought a microphone up to Wisconsin with me frown

It sounds like a great concept.

Wolf

#66642 - 06/16/01 12:22 AM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hey MM-
Congrats on the radio show!! Oh yes, and it is good to see some skin again as well- wink

Do you know, btw, if the radio software will not work on Mac?
I was trying to download the stuff and it took really long so I just figured it was
incompatible-
valevengahastaluegoadios
Jen

#66643 - 06/17/01 09:24 PM Re: MadridMan's Radio Talk Show!! (on the 'net)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

FIRST OFFICIAL "The MadridMan.com Show: Let's Talk About Spain" is tomorrow night, Monday, June 18th at 9pm ET (east coast USA time).

You'll need the following:
Pentium 133 MHz CPU
64 MB RAM
A full duplex sound card
An internet connection of 56k or greater
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4.0 or 2000
Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater
Speakers and a microphone (or a headset)

Sorry Jen. It looks as if this is setup with only PCs in mind, PCs using Microsoft Internet Explorer only too. Sorry!

Visit My Bio Page for more information. Hope you can tune in and/or call in tomorrow night! Show's duration is 1 hour.

Here me then! Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments