Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66629 - 06/12/01 09:45 PM Gran Hermano ("Big Brother" show in Spain)
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Is anyone in Spain on this board following Gran Hermano ? I got hooked on it when I was there back in April, but the website just isn't cutting it for me!!

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#66630 - 06/13/01 12:05 PM Re: Gran Hermano ("Big Brother" show in Spain)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi GranadaGirl! Please describe/explain to me/us just what is Gran Hermano. I have never heard of it. confused :o Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66631 - 06/13/01 12:49 PM Re: Gran Hermano ("Big Brother" show in Spain)
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
It's called Big Brother in the United States, in the same vein as 'Supervivientes' which I don't know if they have there.

It's pretty poor actually (on Telecinco...), but it's this reality television type thing which started on MTV a few years back.

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: Asterault ]

#66632 - 06/13/01 01:10 PM Re: Gran Hermano ("Big Brother" show in Spain)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
AHA!!!! NOW I know what the heck you're talking about! Hahahaha.. Sorry, GranadaGirl. I thought this was some kind of festival you were asking about. Man! This thread has been moved to more forums than any other. hehehe.. I just moved it here after realizing it was about Gran Hermano the TV show!! Sheesh!

I was aware of the show when I visited last October, but never watched it. I did, however, watch a few minutes of "The Bus", but found it boring.

Group, notice I put the URL of "Gran Hermano" into GranadaGirls's original post above if you're curious/bored. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66633 - 06/13/01 10:53 PM Re: Gran Hermano ("Big Brother" show in Spain)
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
My post has finally found a home!!!

YES, Gran Hermano is the Spanish version of Big Brother. It is pretty cheesey, but HUGELY popular. The contestants have all become fairly well known, and there have been some odd happenings in the house. One of the contestants, Alonso, could pass as a twin to Spain's Prince Felipe, another reason I am a fan of the show... rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments