Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#66517 - 06/10/02 06:15 AM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
Miguelito Offline

The Don Quijote serie has been made with really good care, and Fernando Rey was great. Sadly he died after filming the first part, Now they're doing the 2nd part with Juan Luis Galiardo.

Another good TV serie is Juncal, it's about the life of an old retired torero, one of the best roles of Paco Rabal, who was one of the best Spanish actors...

Now, we enjoy in TVE with Cuentame a serie about the life of a normal family in Spain in the 70's ... they have done very well the environment

#66518 - 06/12/02 11:00 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I guess I'm joining in this thread a little late, but I think El Abuelo is a great movie, and since there is no nudity or violence, should be ok to show to any ages. It's a great touching movie, set in turn of the century Asturias, about an old man who has returned to his small town to find out which of his 2 granddaughters is legitimate. I read somewhere to keep your eyes open for the first 7 minutes of the movie--it's all done with 1 shot, just following the characters around. (I'll have to keep that in mind next time I watch it...) I'm not sure how available it is for purchase, but I was able to rent it at a local video store.

Enjoy!

#66519 - 06/13/02 02:03 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
Guapetona Offline

los santos inocentes..based on a book by miguel delibes..."me meo en las manos para que no me se corten.."

#66520 - 07/31/02 06:38 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
wel, I finally got to the Instituto Cervantes today and I was able to get 3 movies to preview to show next year...Bienvenido, Mr. Marshall, Cartas de Alou and La Vaquilla. I can't wait to see them! The Instituto has an impressive library ( open to the public) and I really recommend it if you are in NYC.

#66521 - 07/31/02 08:25 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thanks Esperanza for sharing this bit of library news. I certainly shall visit the Instituto's library when I next visit New York City. I noticed that they have 60,000 volumes, that is impressive if they are all in Spanish! Of course New York like Chicago is a Librarian's paradise, I love the NYPL and of course Columbia University's library.

Booklady the Librarian

#66522 - 08/14/02 02:20 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
crys Offline

Loc: Hoboken, NJ
Instituto Cervantes does have an extensive video and book collection. (I work in their library a few hours a week as a volunteer)
Members outside the NY area can check out materials via mail, and the catalog is available on their website .

#66523 - 08/15/02 09:46 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

this is offtopic but since were talking about movies here,i would like to say my favorite actors.antonio banderas,victoria abril,penelope cruz and the tranvestite actor that actually looks pretty nice.do these people sound familiar.oh and i forgot the name of the movie with that tranvestite.isnt she funny in excess?

#66524 - 08/16/02 11:44 AM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
crys Offline

Loc: Hoboken, NJ
I love that one ugly actress that is in a lot of Almodovar movies. She has a long face and a huge nose. I don't know her name, but she's great . . .

#66525 - 08/16/02 01:07 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
crys, the Picasso faced actress you refer to is named Rosie Di Palma (sp?). Haven't seen her in awhile, but I think she had a brief stint in Y Tu Mama Tambien.

#66526 - 08/16/02 03:49 PM Re: Spanish movies for high school students
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Rossy de Palma has a feature in today's El País. It's all about her latest movie, called in Spanish El Embolao. It's French and sounds quite mediocre I'm afraid - apart that is, from the wonderful Rossy.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments