Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66421 - 03/13/01 11:02 AM MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Yes, it's true. Your fame is spreading, MM! I've just opened my copy of the Reporter magazine here, which has a monthly print run of 20,000 copies on the Costa del Sol and what does it say? I quote.....

"... www.madridman.com is a great site about Madrid. It is produced by an American who has fallen in love with the city and his obsession has led him to make this wonderful site. Once you delve into the site you will find lots of information on very topic you could think of. Would be vistors can aquire all the transportation, accomodation and city details they require right down to advice on what they should wear. You can e-mail 'Madridman' himself and he will answer your questions and queries. It is even possible to watch him working and sleeping online."

There's a picture of the Yankee home page too. Nice one MM. I always knew you'd hit the big time! Will you still speak to us when you appear in the British Sunday Times, too?

#66422 - 03/13/01 11:10 AM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
There is also mention made of the board members. I quote: "...the site even has some entertaining links. 'Sancho Punza' contains all the worst in Spanish puns delivered in a light-hearted manner. "Aphra has created a monster here." Also, notation of Nicole's eating habits was made under the "You won't believe it" section.

#66423 - 03/13/01 11:36 AM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
AHEM!! You may all kneel down and kiss my ring (bought in Madrid, of course).

Anchovy Front, thanks for the notification! I knew about the article about a month ago and it's not SUCH a big surprise because the writer of the article is an EMPLOYEE of the owners (who are friends and we have worked together on some projects) and operators of www.Andalucia.com . IT WAS THEY whom recommended MadridMan.com as a "suggested website" for the guy's article. So, it just goes to prove, it's not WHAT you know, but WHOM you know, right? (now, if I only KNEW someone in the "Oficina de Residencia" so I could slip LEGALLY into Spain's population and be able to work LEGALLY)

Still, it's pretty darn cool. And hey, Anchovy Front, feel free to cut/copy/scan that article and ship it to me and I'll post it on the website somewhere.

As for you CaliBasco, you rotten little troublemaker, hehehe... Just KEEP IT UP, buddy! Hahhaa!! You're always good for a laugh. Thanks!

Also, I wonder if that publication was released to the public at 3pm Spain time because I had a SPIKE in the number of visitors (131) to MadridMan.com at the 9:00am hour (my time).

Actually, Jo-Anne will verify that...ahem, yours truly has already had, a few months ago, a little write-up in Britain's (or is it only London??) The Sunday Telegraph so.... hehehe.. WHAT'S NEXT?! All this great press in Europe and SQUAT here in my own country. Gettin' NO LOVE from the USA! WASUPWITDAT?

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-13-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66424 - 03/13/01 12:26 PM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
E-mail me a mailing address and I'll pop the magazine in the post to you, as it's a good read as well and also you can then frame the relevant page along with the glossy cover.

The Sunday Times haven't replied to me yet..........

#66425 - 03/13/01 01:14 PM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Will do, Anchovy Front!! Thanks a lot!!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66426 - 03/27/01 04:50 PM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Hi MadridMan:

If you want some press... I know that the Los Angeles Times Travel section, etc... would be more than happy to write up information on this great site. Just pop them over a press release. Let me know if you want some help with this. This has got to be the best site I have ever visited on the web. I check it out everyday. I wish more people would respond to my queries, though. -roses.

#66427 - 03/27/01 09:13 PM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi roses!! "Would I like some press??!!" Are you kidding me?!!! hehehe... Yes! I'd love some press!! Not sure, however, how I would go about making a "press release" though. Thanks for your kind words too and appreciate your daily visits and input.

Anchovy Front, thanks again for sending the magazine! I had no idea they even put a glossy screen capture of my index page! That was too cool!!!!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#66428 - 03/27/01 11:43 PM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hey MM-
Why don't you scan the article and put it on the site for all to see? Kudos to you! Did I just say "kudos"?

#66429 - 03/28/01 06:48 AM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'll do that, Jen! I was even thinking of putting up a "MadridMan's Press Room" page, but decided it was too vain.

#66430 - 03/28/01 08:34 AM Re: MadridMan is famous.....it's official!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MM,

Nobody would think it's vain to put up a page of press releases. It isn't any different than putting up best link symbols from organizations that recognize your achievements on the site. It is a reaffirmation of the fact that your site is offering what people want, and that brings more members and more exchange of information.

I think it is a great idea! Nobody is going to recognize how good this site is unless they visit it, and to get them to visit it, use all the free publicity you can.

Go for it dude! Make people lust after this site...

Wolf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments