Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66362 - 02/22/01 10:08 PM Great New Place for Internet Access (Madrid)
dorothy Offline

Loc: Water Mill NY USA
I just got back from Spain (boo hoo!) Did not
want to leave, but I'm sure you all feel that
way.

Anyway, I wanted to let everybody know about a
great new internet access option that just recently opened on Calle Santo Domingo 4, near
the Opera metro stop, called Gomera Imagen,
tel # 91-548-86-78.

Myy first day in Madrid, I was in a muddle. Couldn't get my laptop to work,and needed some additional hookups/equipmen. I discovered a wonderful, friendly and helpful, (above and beyond the call of duty) new internet/computer shop that had just opened two days before.

One of the owners, Angel, dropped everything he was doing to take me to a Macintosh shop so that I could get what I needed. He and his partner Gina, are terrific, very friendly,and welcoming.

If you need internet access while you're in
Spain, do make a point of stopping by and tell them I sent you.

#66363 - 02/22/01 11:36 PM Re: Great New Place for Internet Access (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome back from Spain, Dorothy!! Please tell us more about your internet experience there. How much was the access? Are there PCs or only internet "terminals"? Are there floppy drives? Are there USB ports?

I'm a little surprised you didn't try the HUGELY popular easyEverything on Calle Montera just off the Puerta del Sol (which is close to Opera). They have 200 internet terminals too and it's quite cheap!

Please tell us more! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66364 - 02/23/01 02:20 PM Re: Great New Place for Internet Access (Madrid)
dorothy Offline

Loc: Water Mill NY USA
Dear Madrid Man,

There are about 30 or so PC's. It is not a
cybercafe, although I was offered some brandy
while I was there. I know they have floppy drives and I believe USB ports. I know that they have plans for computer classes, and that they are also going to be providing hardward and software for clients. I don't know the full scope of their plans for their business,
but the place is set up well to work, and they
couldn't be more nice or helpful. I guess the
best bet if you need more info would be to contact them directly. Let me know if I can
provide any other info.

Adios, Dorothy

#66365 - 03/03/01 07:20 AM Re: Great New Place for Internet Access (Madrid)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi MM, Dorothy and other Madrid lovers: Regarding Internet Cafés in Madrid (glorious Madrid!!!), Easy everything is decent but can be a rip-off since the time you buy for the 200 peseta price is never the time you end up getting. The truth is that they are always changing it and you can pay 200 pesetas for an hour or more if you get there at an off hour but when you use the PC don't be surprised if your time has dropped drastically. I live in Madrid and have Internet at home but wanted to try out Easy Everything and when I went I paid 200 ptas for 40 minutes, used 20 of them and when I went back later and put my ticket code in, it said I had 3 minutes left!!! Ha!!! Fact is the time allotment changes too much. I have never been to the place that Dorothy mentioned but being a Madrid lover, I trust her and will take her wat her word. I have found the best deal in town however, it is the "Telefónica" (that word usually sends chills up and down my spine) Internet center on the north side of Gran Vía (accross from the Madrid Rock music monster store)and they have a super fast DSL connection for 300 ptas./hr and 10 hour tickets for 2.000 ptas (200/hr), they even give you a tshirt or windbreaker with your multiple hour tickets. And remember, when all other Internet Cafés may go down and lose their connection, you can bet TELEFÓNICA is still connected.

#66366 - 03/04/01 01:32 PM Re: Great New Place for Internet Access (Madrid)
rhonda Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I always go to a place en Calle de la Manzana, which is just off C/ San Bernardo...about 5 minutes from Gran Vía...
It's a new place, with lots of PCs, with everything (webcams, mics, etc)... and they have good coffee, good food, comfortable computer chairs, and the guy who works here and owns it speaks really good english. The nearest metro is probably Noviciado, the red line.
Anyways, if you walk from Gran Via on to Calle San Bernardo, it's the third street on the left(2 streets after 7-11)...and it's about the only thing on the street (Manzana), so you can't miss it.

Saludos,
Rhonda
Oh and it's 300 pts/hour.

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 03-04-2001).]

#66367 - 03/13/01 10:16 PM Re: Great New Place for Internet Access (Madrid)
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
We had good luck at the Telefonica last week, too--open terminals whenever we went in and the 1 hour we paid for (300 ptas.) was just what we got. The connections seemed to vary from terminal to terminal, though, so if yours seems slow, we would suggest switching. One machine was really poky when working with Yahoo (though that may have been Yahoo's problem, of course).
Tara

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2741 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments