Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#66226 - 08/13/01 03:40 AM Re: Todo sobre mi madre
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe Jamón, jamón was directed by Bigas Luna.

And, of course, the more you go back in Almodovar's films, the weirder and the more 'underground' they are.

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#66227 - 08/13/01 11:21 PM Re: Todo sobre mi madre
Tramontana Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Right, Ignacio, Bigas Lunas directed "Jamón Jamón" wink Like his other movie "La Teta y la Luna" or his latest "Valveront" Bigas Lunas is becoming the most international of Spanish directors second only to Almodóvar. Myself, I prefer Julio Medem. His "Lovers of the Artic Circle" and "Tierra" are two of my favorites. Medem was a young psychiatrist (I think he's 28 y/o) who decided to go the way of film directing and his films are very psychologically challenging. Has anyone seen any of them? smile

#66228 - 08/15/01 05:28 PM Re: Todo sobre mi madre
Tia Offline

I saw "Lovers of the Arctic Circle" last year. It´s a beautiful love story of two adolescents that grow up in the same family (their parents get married) knowing they belong together. It´s magical and at the same time a bit strange, especially at the end but I don´t want to unveil anything.

I´m planning to see "Goya in Bordeaux" during the next few days - not only to fresh up my Spanish but even to learn more about the Spanish society of the 18th Century through the eyes of this brilliant painter. Saw some posts about that film on the board and it seems to be the kind of film I enjoy.

#66229 - 08/15/01 10:54 PM Re: Todo sobre mi madre
Tramontana Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Good choice, Tia! Let us know what you think of the film when you see it...I saw it at a film festival in February of last year and I liked it...although, since it concentrates more on the older Goya, his old age and feebleness was reflected in his paintings in a gloomy way. Bigas Lunas "Valveront" is also about Duchess Cayetana de Alba and Pepita Tudo, the girl that was supposed to have been his model for the "Maja" paintings, but of a younger Goya. Enjoy the movie! wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2079 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments