MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#66198 - 03/23/02 06:52 AM Re: Web Cams in Spain
limerick Offline

Loc: Limerick, Ireland
Mr. jer

Do you ever get a crick in your shoulder when you pat yourself on your own behind? It would seem a pity if you did. You would be in hospital at least once a day for their therapy programme. You should know the stone is in Blarney, not in your flat in Madrid. My mates and I will now put you on ignore.

LM

#66199 - 03/23/02 11:05 AM Re: Web Cams in Spain
Guapetona Offline

jer deserves it!! he has put blood, sweat and tears into his website. unlike alot of us who simply adore spain and have done NOTHING to promote/advance Spain he has poured himself into doing this for his adopted country!! lets see if anyone else has the desire or the drive to do this!!

#66200 - 03/23/02 12:21 PM Re: Web Cams in Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Guapetona,

Actually this is MadridMan's board, not Jer's. I guess that should answer your question as to who put blood, sweat, and tears into it. Did you forget about him?

After looking at limerick's # of posts, I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't a set up by someone trying to generate more business for Jer's board. One post? Come on now! Isn't that a little fishy?

[Added note:] I see that Well Deserved Break has only two posts, and those are promotion of the other site. What an interesting development!

As for there being a rivalry, I'm afraid I've seen a lot of posts on the other board that have taken back handed swipes at this one in the past. Because of it, I ignore the fact that MadridMan gets a little short with people promoting a rival like I see being done here.

It would probably be best if Jer stayed away from this board, and MadridMan stayed away from his. None of us like blantant self promotion, and that's what this whole thing looks like to me.

Wolf (Who loves this board, and the fact that MadridMan isn't a P.T. Barnum type - laugh )

#66201 - 03/23/02 02:51 PM Re: Web Cams in Spain
Guapetona Offline

wolf...of course this is MM's board. that is extremely obvious. the fact that both gentleman have worked hard at both their respective boards is a given. i would have responded in the same manner had limerick posted this about MM on jer's site. i believe this to be implicit in my previous post. as far as to who can promote what, where and to whom..that is an issue that should be left to MM and jer. after all, both boards are their creations and not ours.
have a wonderful day and VIVA MADRIDMAN!! laugh

#66202 - 03/23/02 03:59 PM Re: Web Cams in Spain
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hey limrick, ignore me al you want.

Wolf (AKA JP SAVAGE) I know that this is MM's board and it is a great one at that. Your finger pointing is not very nice, especially when, as Guapetona pointed out, I do a lot to bring you Madrid as does MM.

Well deserved break is also a member of my board so if he and limrick are trying to pull people towards my site, it is their business. I feel I must defend myself here.

Also, I do not think the # of posts has nuch to do with anything, there is a glitch in the software that runs these board. If you look at the 2 posts by fmiketheman above you will see the number is stuck on 30.

Thanks Guapetona, it is nice to be apreciated smile I am happy to continue to bring Madrid into the homes of those that truly love this place.

I think it is absoultely assenine ot think that because someone mentions another Madrid website on this board it is an insider trying to get free publicity, please!

I also think that your comments above Wolf will probably scare well deserved break and limrick off, nice work!

I do agree that I should stay off of this board from now on however and this shall be my last post so bash all ya want JP.

Saludos,
jer...

p.d. MM, keep up the good work and see ya round.

#66203 - 03/23/02 05:10 PM Re: Web Cams in Spain
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
eek

#66204 - 03/23/02 05:11 PM Re: Web Cams in Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Jer,

Quote:
Well deserved break is also a member of my board so if he and limrick are trying to pull people towards my site, it is their business. I feel I must defend myself here.
You say it's their business but it's also ours. We are part of this board, and we don't have to accept it.

As far as your "exposure of JP," that's funny. Almost everyone here knows I'm JP on your boards. It wasn't a secret. I joined your board when I was in northern Wisconsin at our old three seasons home, and since people from that area were called jack pine savages, I decided to use it for the ISP I had up there and when I joined your board. If I was trying to hide it, I certainly wouldn't have used my same residence city, now would I. Hell! If anyone wants my name and home address, that's fine too. I'll be glad to give it to them, but you're violating one of the most sacred trusts of the internet. Privacy. Do you also sell the short list of names to spammers as well? Why not? There might be a buck in it for you. It appears you wouldn't be above doing something like that.

What I find irritating is the fact that something that is supposed to be private, like a person's identity on a board, means nothing to you. That you feel you have the right to violate that trust, because it "serves your purpose" at the moment, and will, in some way, make the person lose credibility. That's totally irresponsible on your part. Just as bad as your previous admission that it's okay for two of your board members to cook up a scheme to undermine this board, for your own gain. Yes, it is "your business." Maybe the limerick post wasn't that far from the truth.

Quote:
I think it is absoultely assenine ot think that because someone mentions another Madrid website on this board it is an insider trying to get free publicity, please!
So, what are you doing here besides trying to stir up business for your site? Just one look at your signature tells us your mission. Your posts do nothing more than confirm it.

I commend Guapetona for defending you. There's nothing wrong with that. But when a person reads your post, it's certainly hard to believe that you deserve support from any of us.

But then again, you hadn't shown your ass yet, when Guapetona posted, had you? laugh

Wolf

#66205 - 03/23/02 10:26 PM Re: Web Cams in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Holy Bug-Eyed Squid, Batman!
I leave the board for 36 hours, finally able to get myself online for the first time upon arriving in my/our beloved Madrid, and THIS is what I find? YIKES!!

Oh please - oh please - oh please, people. Let´s not have any in-fighting here. We´ve been oh-so fortunate since it all began, we´ve been mature and respectful, kind and patient with others, and... well.. what else can I say? I don´t think it´s wise to allow this thread to continue.. Sorry. Let´s play nice, please, and get back to talking about the Spain we all know (or hope to know) and love dearly. Thank you.

Sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments