Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66127 - 12/07/00 06:22 AM Malaga WebCam
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Malaga has its first web cam! All it shows is a traffic roundabout with a fountain at the end of the Paseo del Parque (city centre is away to the right). Still, it lets you check out the weather! The Cabalgata (parade) on Reyes (5th Jan.) passes around here too. The camera appears to be situated in the new Museum. Anyone passing should give it a wave. Maybe we'll spot you (unlikely, but...)
http://www.diariosur.es/fijas/webcam.htm

#66128 - 12/08/00 07:29 PM Re: Malaga WebCam
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
cool. Never been to Malaga, but it's in Spain so...

#66129 - 12/11/00 06:04 AM Re: Malaga WebCam
El Boqueron Offline

Looks like a lovely sunny morning, there in Malaga (as usual!). Head off to the left of the roundabout, and you can walk beneath the shade of the trees to Bar Flor. Pick a paper at a kiosko. They'll just be having their 11am coffee right now, sitting out at the pavement tables... oh boy!

(Sorry, but it's been raining here in the UK for 3 months solid. We're getting desperate!)

#66130 - 12/11/00 04:17 PM Re: Malaga WebCam
supaJack Offline

Loc: Houghton, Mi, USA
wow, Rain would be nice right about now, its been snowing here for a week strait. we had a -28 wind chill yesterday. of course that would screw up all the good sking going on. but it is almost always a good time to be in Spain, dont we all wish we were there right now?

#66131 - 12/11/00 04:24 PM Re: Malaga WebCam
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
I haven't seen Malaga since '62 when we would drive from Sevilla to Fuenjirola for summers and weekends. I've heard that it's been completely overrun and developed since then as with the rest of La Costa del Sol; but as Nicole said...it's Spain so....!!!! Rev, Mike

#66132 - 12/12/00 05:51 AM Re: Malaga WebCam
El Boqueron Offline

MunchiMike - I'm pleased to report that you've been misinformed about Malaga! The city has undoubtedly grown in the last 40 years (though not due to tourists moving in), but it remains an utterly Andalucian city. You're rather less likely to run into (other!) tourists than you are in the centre of, say, Sevilla or Granada.

#66133 - 12/14/00 08:20 AM Re: Malaga WebCam
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi El Boqueron! I've just picked up some relatives from Malaga Airport and as you can see by the WebCam..........it's another beautiful day and I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt!

They got on a plane this morning from Newcastle in northern England and they told me a gale was howling and flood warnings were in place again! In fact I noticed they were walking rather strangely and they told me it was because they had all grown webbed feet!

Please send some of that rain over here! We are desperate for it as I heard yesterday that our reservoirs are now at only 34% capacity, after November's rain was 30% down on last year. (Ouch! I can feel the pins being stuck into my effigy by all the tourists heading out here this week!) Okay, okay, leave the rain until next month and then only through the night?

What you can't see with this camera is the great view of the mountains in the distance at Granada. This morning they look fantastic from Malaga with loads of snow on their peaks. Hmm, ski season's here.........

[This message has been edited by Anchovy Front (edited 12-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Anchovy Front (edited 12-14-2000).]

#66134 - 12/18/00 06:39 AM Re: Malaga WebCam
El Boqueron Offline

So there's enough "precipitation" to put snow on the mountains, but not to actually rain in Malaga - brilliant! Though I wish we could export some of this rain over there
(at night!) to help the drought. If it doesn't rain this winter it looks like there's going to be problems in the south (go to water those golf courses...!)

#66135 - 12/18/00 11:23 PM Re: Malaga WebCam
supaJack Offline

Loc: Houghton, Mi, USA
Shall I mail you some snow? It is still snowing here. well, actualy I think that it stoped for about half an hour once...

#66136 - 12/19/00 06:51 AM Re: Malaga WebCam
El Boqueron Offline

Yeah, some snow for christmas day would be nice! "I'm dreaming of a grey christmas" doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments