Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65974 - 12/25/00 06:43 AM Re: Learning to speak Spanish
Lina Offline

Loc: Adelaide South Australia Aust
Ed S When you actually get to go to Spain to perfect your Spanish, a good idea is to enroll in a school which teaches Spanish as well as English. That way you'll get to meet some Spaniards. The school in which I enrolled although absolutely professional and wonderful, I met only Americans and British and English speakers... I wanted to meet Spaniards.

#65975 - 02/22/01 05:01 PM Re: Learning to speak Spanish
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
When I first went to Spain as a college student (having learned high school and college Spanish from Latin Americans), my mother gave me a good bit of advice. I was homesick and miserable because I couldn't talk to anyone, and she called one evening and told me to go have a beer and meet a nice Spanish boy. Sure enough, a few weeks later I was dreaming in Spanish and turning every "z" into a "th." When I came home at the end of the summer, I had almost forgotten how to speak English.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the best way to learn to communicate in Spanish (or any language, for that matter) is to drop your guard a bit (hence, the beer advice) and spend time with native speakers. As much time as possible!! And if a lovely summer romance blossoms, all the better, right? (Sadly, I lost touch with Arturo--but he and his friends taught me an awful lot!)

Tara

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2749 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments