Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6597 - 02/23/04 06:14 PM Granada: Pensión Casa de Aljarife
jg Offline

Loc: washington, DC
we just returned from Granada, and stayed at the Pensión Casa de Aljarife , and were delighted with it's proximity to everything, as well as the helpfulness of the proprietor, Christian Most. Upon arrival, we had failed to get to the correct parking garage, and when we called, Christian appeared on foot 10 minutes later, and led us to the place, even carrying my 70 year old father's luggage up the pedestrian-only street steps in the Albaicin. Highly recommended!

#6598 - 02/23/04 08:11 PM Re: Granada: Pensión Casa de Aljarife
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome to our little ALL SPAIN Message Board, jg, and thanks for your feedback.

Seems like you're in good company because in the thread " Casa del Aljarife-Granada " member laduque also loved this place. I did a search and found a few other postings on this place. 84 Euros for a double, great location, quaint, and all the rest. I'll bet one has to reserve this place a LONG time in advance.

Thanks again and feel free to share with us your other Granada and Spain experiences!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6599 - 02/24/04 05:17 AM Re: Granada: Pensión Casa de Aljarife
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
There are not many hostales/hotels in the Albaicin, and this particular one is, in my experience, always heavily booked. An alternative which my wife and I have used a couple of times is to book an apartment (or even a small house). The rates are very good, and you can often book just a few days (some places have minimum stays of a week, but not all by any means).

This site has a good list of properties. Their office is also in the Albaicin. We've booked thtough them and been very pleased with the results.

http://www.vivegranada.com/

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments