MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65824 - 11/04/00 12:22 AM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
jefe7 Offline

Loc: San Juan, PR - Newport, RI
Leche,
I used to get it in Puerto Rico, but I don't know if it's the same they broadcast here in the states. I remember watching news, talk shows, films (english dubbed in spanish), game shows, some concerts. I remember watching live the Noche Vieja celebration from Puerta del Sol every year.
I'll miss the transmission this year 'cause I'll be too busy eating my 12 grapes at midnight in Puerta del Sol itself !!

#65825 - 11/04/00 01:46 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Leche,

Quiz shows, films, plays, bullfights and singers. In fact pretty much the lot. But one thing I have noticed is that its not live, it seems to be a few hours or even a day late.

#65826 - 11/20/00 10:57 AM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I HAVE TVE!!!! Finally. It is not as good as the one in Spain but you get to see the news and some game shows and old Spanish movies (you know, the ones that I didn't watch in Spain because they were "too Spanish" and now I cry every time that I see Paco Martinez Soria). You need satelite and to pay a fee for the package but it worth it!
Besos

#65827 - 11/20/00 01:21 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Yes, I have TVE now. I must admit...so far it's a bit boring with no real programming covering Spain or Madrid. Every time I turn it on I get Spanish newscasts about the US election and the USA. Never anything with footage of Spain, etc.

Does anyone know of a website with the TVE programmig schedule?

Leche

#65828 - 11/20/00 06:44 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Here you have a link to all the TVE schedules.

You may also want to have a look at this information regarding receiving the digital RTVE signal in America.

By the way, they seem to use the Nagra system to code the signal. However, it is said to be very easy to decode the signal with a computer and.... Oops, I shouldn't say that kind of things here.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#65829 - 07/04/02 01:02 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
This is a question for the Direct TV users in the States. We are getting Direct TV installed this month and I was just wondering if the infamous "Operación Triunfo" happens to be on TVE? After all that I have read about it I am curious to see it. I also thought my students would have fun with it next year. wink
Thanks! Esperanza smile

#65830 - 07/08/02 05:02 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Hi Esperanza,
Yes, Operacion Triunfo was in TVE. I didn't miss one! The best part, there are not commercials (well, yes a few, but very short)

Unfortunately I am moving and we have decided to change to digital cable frown , the satelite is very bad when there are storms, we don't receive the signal very well, so sometimes we lose connection... somehow it happens when the movie/show is ending and we miss the end mad

I hope TVE will be available for cable TV too very soon rolleyes

#65831 - 07/08/02 07:38 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Espe3 Offline

I go to Miami often and they have TVE... but its a mix of the spanish programs with other latin american programs. Its still nice to catch some shows from home though! smile I'm going to miami this weekend.. maybe I'll get lucky and catch one! smile

#65832 - 07/09/02 12:49 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Bricamb Offline

Loc: Cambridge UK
I used to have TVE Internacional when I had cable TV. However the cable company dropped it and replaced it with Granada Men and Motors which was a pain so we chopped our cable TV service. I used to really enjoy TVE and it really did help with learning the language. I liked a variety show called "Hola Rafaella" hosted by the Italian singer Rafaella Cara. Sometimes the guest line up could be pretty special.....Tippy Hedron followed by Claudia Cardinale and Gina Lollobrigida and finishing with Anita Ekberg. An amazing sight for me was seeing Roger Moore take part in the quiz "Que Apostamos..." "Yessss Anna, I'll bet 50000 pesetas that he can do it" (delivered in own inimitable style of course)!

#65833 - 07/31/02 04:39 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Los_Toreros Offline

Loc: Wauseon, Ohio via Madrid
Are there any other channels available from Spain? We currently get TVE International with Dish Network and would like other channels from Spain.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1658 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments