Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65814 - 10/30/00 05:23 PM Televisión Española Internacional
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
question....I've searched the posts and can't find any threads regarding this channel which is offered through the Direct TV satellite here in the states. Does anyone have any info on programming, etc? It says it's from Spain exclusively.

just pulled this description from dishnetwork's site...too bad they don't list a website for that channel though:

Description: Televisión Española Internacional (TVE Internacional), Spain's premier broadcast channel, offering you the best general entertainment of its kind. You will enjoy Spanish game shows, sports, the arts, educational programs, fiction series, movies, and the best news broadcasts from Spain. A unique alternative to Spanish T.V., now in the United States.

Leche

[This message has been edited by Leche (edited 10-30-2000).]

#65815 - 10/30/00 06:02 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Leche,

You may want to read this thread started by Nuria about receiving TVE in the US.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 10-30-2000).]

#65816 - 10/31/00 11:04 AM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Leche Offline

Thanks Antonio... I've just got a DirectTV package that includes TVE.

Leche

#65817 - 10/31/00 01:30 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
LECHE!!! Tell ME/US more!!! I expect to go "antena parabolica" in a year or two. I've already read "The Nuria Thread" (I miss Nuria!! ) and RP's helpful response with details. Can we assume this is 24 hour broadcasting or is it only during certain hours of the day??? PLEASE!! I WANT TO KNOW!!! <panting! panting! drooling!!> I WANT MY SpainTV!! I also see they have Radio Catalunya AND REE (Radio Exterior de España). I've GOT to get myself one of these!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65818 - 10/31/00 03:43 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Be aware that Televisión Española Internacional is not exactly the same thing we see in Spain. You won't see some of the films or footbal matches. I guess they don't want to spend so much money to buy the rights to broadcast those things through the international channel.

Anyway, I think it should be great for Spain lovers to have a Spanish TV channel.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------

#65819 - 10/31/00 06:33 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Leche Offline

I'll post here when I get it set up in a week or so to let everybody know what kinds of programming they have. As far as I'm concerned...anything from Spain would be fantastic. Neither one of the 2 major satellite networks here in the US can tell me more when I call and the website is of no use. Yes, there are different version of TVE for Spain, Latin America, and North America .. but I refer to my earlier statement!

Leche

#65820 - 11/01/00 12:23 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Leche Offline

I can't believe no one else out of 600 members on this board have DirectTV or Dish Network with the TVE channel! What's on it...is it worth getting (another $14.99/month for me)?

Leche

#65821 - 11/01/00 12:46 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

For those of you who are willing to have TVE at home, you may also be interested in watching films, the news or other programmes in Spanish with Spanish subtitles.

TVE broadcast part of its programmes with subtitles for deaf people. It's not literally what they say - they summ it up - but still can help you to follow the dialogues.

Have a look at the subtitling section of the teletext (search for page 850) for more information.

Note that the Spanish teletext system uses a 1.5 level decoder to display "ñ", "Ñ", "á".... If your teletext decoder don't support this level, you may have problems when reading the subtitles. I wonder if you can install one of this decoders on an american TV.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------

#65822 - 11/01/00 01:35 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Leche,

I have tve and watch it free most days

#65823 - 11/01/00 02:02 PM Re: Televisión Española Internacional
Leche Offline

Steveaqui...but you're in England man! hardly the same...we have to pay for it here and I think the programming will be slightly different. What kinds of stuff do you get there? Mainly news broadcasts?

Leche

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments