Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65809 - 11/15/00 08:51 PM NEW Live Internet Radio from Spain!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Woo Hoo!! New forum!! This addition was suggested by...um.... Hmmm... Sorry. I don't remember her name, but maybe it was Nicole??? Speak up and take proper credit!

On MadridMan's RealRadio, TV, Music, & Movies page I have just added 4 or 5 new direct RealAudio/Media Player links to radio stations in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, and others. Hope you enjoy them! Be sure you have the latest versions of the 'net radio/audio applications to listen successfully. ENJOY!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65810 - 11/15/00 09:23 PM Re: NEW Live Internet Radio from Spain!
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
hey there madridman,
brilliant idea for the new forum. we've all been speaking so much on spanish film, t.v. polictical situations, etc. that this was perfect fit. so, to whoever suggested this,(nicole??) good thinking.

#65811 - 11/15/00 11:20 PM Re: NEW Live Internet Radio from Spain!
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Wasn't me, but it's a great idea!

#65812 - 11/16/00 12:15 PM Re: NEW Live Internet Radio from Spain!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hear Hear - or is it Hear Here? Now we can all dream of yummy spanish meals while dying for a proper cafe con leche as we listen to music that makes us want to hop a plane - or dance on our desks (sure - this really does have to do with work!)- Great idea and much appreciated MM - thanks!!!!

#65813 - 04/24/02 09:28 PM Re: NEW Live Internet Radio from Spain!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(wow. This is an old thread!)

GREAT NEWS!! Terra.es has come out with their own select-a-radio-genre (style) on their website @ http://www.terra.es/radio/portada.cfm . It's not "LIVE", but you can choose from dozens of formats.

Right now I'm listening to "Canal Canción Española", but nearly ALL channels play only Spanish-language music except for the Heavy Metal, Disco, and Hip-Hop channels (I didn't check ALL channels, but... ). They also have channels for Flamenco, Spanish pop, boleros, and others. And the quality is really excellent.. kind of sounds like the Windows Media Player-type quality (but in fact it uses the RealPlayer).

AND HEY!! Now I'm listening to "SIETE VIDAS (VERSIÓN ACÚSTICA)" by the late Antonio Flores. On the player, you can click on the LETRA button and up pops a window with the lyrics of that song playing! Is that cool or what?! laugh

These channels appear to be commercial free, taped and cycled music "packets" with a duration of about 4 hours each. Enjoy! I know I will!!! (and I'll be adding it to the Spanish Radio, TV, Music & Movies page soon too)

Saludos, MadridMan

UPDATE: I was just listening to the radio when it suddenly stopped and a the radio player had a message on it:
Quote:
Éste es un contenido exclusivo para usuarios Terra ADSL.
Ya has disfrutado de los 30" de degustación.
Consigue ahora tu ADSL Plus (Alta + Módem gratis).

Date de alta ahora
I thought it was just an "ad ploy" so I closed the window and opened a new channel. It played for about 15 seconds and then the music stopped and showed the same announcement. &$#*%@! mad So I guess for those Spaniards which have Terra's ADSL service then good for you. Otherwise, we can't enjoy it.... UNLESS we clear out the cache on our browser and PURGE the cookie which is undoubtedly deposited there. frown

Well anyway, if you already have the RealPlayer installed and have a fast-ish connection, CLICK HERE to watch a 3.5 minute video of Joaquín Córtes, the great, modern flamenco dancer.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2240 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments