Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65568 - 01/02/08 11:46 PM Question about Entry Requirements
uintala Offline

Loc: Ohio
I was looking at Continental's list of general requirements to enter Spain, and I just wanted to double check with everyone here that they are right. They say that a US citizen can go for 90 days without a visa, but some form of proof of adequate funds for the trip, something showing a planned departure, and then it mentioned a Letter of Invitation. All the others I've seen mentioned elsewhere, but the Letter of Invitation when I looked it up mainly comes up with links about the US and visas. It isn't necessary right? Hopefully you guys can help me with this. smile I leave in two days for a week in Madrid and I'm sooo excited. Thanks.

#65569 - 01/03/08 04:01 AM Re: Question about Entry Requirements
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I wouldn't take official advice from Continental Airlines's website - NOR from us here.

HOWEVER, I think it's pretty common knowledge that yes, what you say is correct, that any US Citizen - with a US PASSPORT - can enter Spain and stay for 90 days maximum without any additional visas, permissions, or documentation.

Go to the Spanish Consulate's page (this one's in Chicago) @ http://www.consulate-spain-chicago.com/ , click VISAS, and read the information there. Hmmmm. right now that website isn't working and I don't know why but do try it later.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65570 - 01/03/08 05:22 AM Re: Question about Entry Requirements
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Not to worry! If you have a current, valid U.S. Passport you can visit Spain and stay up to 90-days as a Tourist.

Have a great time in Madrid!

#65571 - 01/04/08 09:58 PM Re: Question about Entry Requirements
Neddie Offline

Loc: Atlanta USA
...uintala...many countries require that one have a return ticket but i do not know if it is required for Spain. Enjoy your trip.

#65572 - 01/06/08 10:40 AM Re: Question about Entry Requirements
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes 90 days is good,with a US passport,just be back before that time.
If need more time you can ask for a long stay visa,thats when you need financial resources,etc.

have fun in Spain

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments