Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6547 - 02/17/04 02:08 PM Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
latina0319 Offline

Hey everyone,

I finally booked a hostel in Barcelona - Hostal San Remo but I didn't read too many reviews on the boards regarding this hostel. I called and made the reservation and the lady, Rosa, was very helpful and sweet.

Can anyone give me any details on this hostel? Good location? Safe? Clean?

Thanks to all who reply !!

BTW - I'm going in March for 6 nights. smile

#6548 - 02/17/04 07:25 PM Re: Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi latina0319!

Hostal San Remo is pretty well situated about 4 blocks from the Plaça Catalunya as you probably saw on their website . The Plaça Catalunya is the located at the very top of Las Ramblas.

You can SEE a photo Hostal San Remo's address as well as on a map on the QDQ.com site HERE . (oddly enough, the map portion of the QDQ.com site at the link above didn't work at the time of this message) From that QDQ.com link, you can walk left, right, etcetera and kind of take a virtual stroll through the neighborhood. This location, I would think, would be much less touristy - more residential.

When you called Rosa to make your reservation, did you speak to her in Spanish or English?

Have you, then, done a search of this forum using keywords BARCELONA SAN REMO ? You might find some there but it would be great to get some fresh reviews, of course.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6549 - 02/18/04 09:14 AM Re: Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
latina0319 Offline

Thank you MadridMan for your response !

Yes I did speak with her in Spanish, although our accents were very different. It does seem residential, but in ways I think that's good. We're close enough to all the action and far enough to get a good nights rest.

I will check out the BARCELONA SAN REMO search.

I will let everyone know a first hand account of what I thought when I return March 24th. smile

#6550 - 02/18/04 12:22 PM Re: Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
I too am looking at the San Remo for a May 31st stay.

Does anyone know how much foot traffic there is in the area at night. Will we be the only one out on the street walking back to our room in the evening?

Please remember to come and share your experience!!

#6551 - 02/18/04 01:30 PM Re: Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
latina0319 Offline

I will definitely let you know how the hotel is when I return. smile

If its really good, then perhaps more people will stay and we can add to the fresh reviews on this thread.

Wish me luck !

#6552 - 02/18/04 04:04 PM Re: Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
Amy11 Offline

Loc: Oxnard, CA USA
the Hostal San Remo was a great place to stay.
The establishment is part of 3 story building, with a tiny quaint elevator. it is only a few blocks from Las Ramblas. Rosa is very nice woman, and the room is great for your basic sleep and changing clothes type of deal. Fresh towels, and they make your bed, no chocolates on your pillow, LOL. ya gotta be quiet when you enter in the evening because if you slam the doors it echoes throughout the building and there are residents there. Our room consisted of 2 twin beds squished together, small desk, small armoir and a tiny bathroom. The shower stall was kinda scary, because it was elevated from the floor, so it gets kinda slippery. We also had a balcony that overlooked the tiny streets. There is a Pans something or another kinda like a Subway Sandwhich chain between San Remo and Las Ramblas. Las Ramblas was AMAZING, just a tiny street with vendors and musicians and restaurants and lots of goodies to catch your eye. i know it is a rip off, but get your Euros anywhere you can, the banking hours are so different than that we are used to here in the States. They do close between 2-4pm, sometimes as early as 1:30 till as late as 5pm. Enjoy and takes LOTS OF PICTURES. the weather was great in October when we were there, and i apologize for not writing sooner onmy findings. i highly suggest you get walking maps from Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory http://www.towd.com/ and get either Lonely Planet or another travel book. we were one of thousands of tourist who used these handy informational books.
Cariños, Amy

#6553 - 02/19/04 09:31 AM Re: Barcelona - Hostal San Remo?
latina0319 Offline

Thank you so much Amy ! That was great. I feel better about my decision to stay there now. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments