Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#65416 - 12/21/06 12:40 PM Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas to everyone and your family!

And a very Merry Christmas to MadridMan and Mrs MadridMan for keeping this terrific website up and running. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Bill

#65417 - 12/21/06 04:59 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks, Bill from NYC!

And Feliz Navidad, Merry Chritmas, Happy Hannukah, ¡Feliz Reyes!, and Happy New Year to one and all.

Thanks for 5-years-o-fun for our little message board. YOU make it what it is. smile

Sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65418 - 12/22/06 08:51 AM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
And one more Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and MEle Kalikimaka to all -

http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf

Enjoy -

#65419 - 12/22/06 04:14 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Feliz Navidad y Prospéro Año Nuevo to all in MadridMan. Also, Feliz Dia de los Reyes Magos.
joyeux Noel et bonne année de Paris

#65420 - 12/24/06 07:32 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Felices Fiestas a todos! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

#65421 - 12/24/06 07:45 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It's now officially Christmas Day here in Spain (after midnight, now the 25th of December).

We spent the day in Segovia with some nuns at a convent and then had lunch at Restaurante Duque where we all ordered the requisite cochinillo (roasted suckling pig - delicious!) and then back to Madrid to spend Christmas Eve with the usual seafood and shellfish. We ate LITTLE for dinner as we were all still stuffed from the large lunch. We sat around the table, then at midnight, telling stories of Christmas' past and how much things have changed for children of the current present-receiving generation, how many children (at least here in Spain and probably also in the USA) these days know very few Christmas Carols nor are they interested in learning or singing them. How "when we were kids" we went door to door to sing Christmas Carols for your neighbors but now no one does this. How "when we were kids" we'd sing Christmas Carols with our family after dinner on Christmas Eve and now after dinner the kids go play with their video games or watch a movie in another room like any other day.

Merry Christmas, Everyone. Don't forget the joy is great in the giving than in the receiving - and not only the giving of presents but the giving of love, respect, and support for those closest to you - and even to those not so close to you, even to people you don't know at all, to give for the sake of giving to those whom have little or whom have nothing. Try to do little things for people whom you might otherwise tend to take for granted. Have you ever received a gift "out of the blue" from someone you didn't know well? How did it make you feel? You felt greatful that someone else shared their joy with you through giving, to show you a little kindness and maybe appreciation just for being you.

A very merry, happy, joyful, family-oriented Christmas to you all. santa

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65422 - 12/24/06 10:33 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Felicidades a todos!, MM, it's so good to read of your wonderful life in Spain. Just thinking about the cochinillo asado at Duque's makes me wish I were having a navidad espanyola (but the NY one is pretty good, too).

#65423 - 12/26/06 12:14 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Well said MadridMan. And that was just about the message of mass on Christmas eve. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Me, I did as you said and shared my life with family and friends. This is the only gift that will last forever.

#65424 - 12/26/06 01:38 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Quote:
telling stories of Christmas' past and how much things have changed for children of the current present-receiving generation, how many children (at least here in Spain and probably also in the USA) these days know very few Christmas Carols nor are they interested in learning or singing them.
Or on each Christmas there was Christmas stocking and they were hung from the fireplace mantel. Each stocking had the kid's name on it and was filled with candy and small toys.

Bill did find his Christmas stocking full of coal, because he was naughty that year! thumbsup

Bill

#65425 - 12/26/06 07:21 PM Re: Feliz Navidad/Merry Christmas To All!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Feliz Navidad a todos...my "extended" Madrid family! I enjoy spending time with you all everyday and send you a warm saludo santa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments