Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#65387 - 11/07/06 01:17 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yesterday at the Alhambra it was rather beautiful, partly sunny, partly cloudy with perfect temperatures. Today at the Alhambra, raining nearly constantly and ALWAYS cloudy. Thank goodness I took dozens of photos yesterday because I didn't/couldn't take a single one today.

Poor travelers. I feel for the the locals but at least, for them, it's a very "temporary" condition, getting wet, a little, only when they go outside. For travelers, they're outside nearly the whole day, taking advantage of the few, precious hours they have in one place or another, like all those people who had reservations for the Alhambra today - they were determined to see what they came to see. Gotta respect that. As "insurance", I bought THREE single-day tickets to the Alhambra for 3 of my 8 days here in Granada and look, IT RAINITED DURING TWO OF THOSE THREE DAYS so only during ONE of them could I take decent photos. So in this case, the insurance was well-spent; nearly 33 Euros spent for 11 Euros worth of photos (10.88 Euros per day).

Mojado en Granada, MadridMan rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65388 - 11/07/06 03:39 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
It's back. It wasn't gone for long, I'm afraid, but if it's of any comfort, the reservoirs continue to fill up!

Jamongris, I'm not sure which channel it was on because I didn't actually see it myself. I heard about it in some article. I think some of the predictions claimed Great Britain would be buried under a wall of ice, so I guess there was a good reason for the BBC to want to bring this to the public's attention. Therefore...start buying up property in Almeria while the prices are still decent!!

But you're right, we are straying from the original thread. Anyway, if anyone in Madrid is considering moving to Galicia, this is the kind of weather you could expect to find...until, say, March.

Reservoir levels for the Comunidad de Madrid as of today: 46.11 %

#65389 - 11/10/06 04:18 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Murdy........The reservoir levels are good news. Maybe our water bills will go down a bit now......probably not...lol

#65390 - 11/12/06 05:25 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
That's right, MedicalMan. It's just like gas prices. And as of today, Nov. 12, the levels are at 51.48%. Anyone wishing to keep updated can check with the Canal Isabel II website:

www.cyii.es

#65391 - 11/13/06 07:39 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
It's been quite warm for this time of year? When can we expect the first snow?

#65392 - 11/14/06 02:33 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Still none on the Sierra to the North of Madrid, but temperatures will drop at the weekend.

The forecast maximum at the moment in Madrid on Sunday is 12ºC, which means it will be freezing at around 8,000 ft amsl so a sprinkling on the highest bits is possible.

Murdy, I checked that website and it´s interesting. I live near the embalse at Pedrezuela and if you pick that one out they say it´s beyond 80% full. It certainly doesn´t look it though, in fact on Saturday just after the latest rainfall we had low pressure in our taps due to lack of water again !

#65393 - 11/14/06 04:24 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Tomorrow, they say, much of the peninsula will have rain. What a surprise! At least we had a few days of clear skies. FILL THOSE RESERVOIRS!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65394 - 11/30/06 03:51 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Seems, for the time being, we're coming to the end of the rainy period. THAT WAS SHORT! Unlike in other parts of the world (mine) central Spain doesn't get much rain during the winter months. We can only HOPE that there's A LOT OF SNOW (although not likely to have any/much in Madrid city) so that the meltwaters will help continue to fill the reservoirs.

Saludos, MadridMan

#65395 - 11/30/06 11:33 AM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Was up at Soto del Real yesterday. There is a scattering of snow on some of the peaks in the Guardarramas. More rain predicted for the weekend, Friday night into Saturday

#65396 - 11/30/06 02:26 PM Re: What is up with all this RAIN!
SRedw Offline

There was a lot of rain before I left and it's amazing that the resevoirs still haven't reached their full capacity. Oh well, time will tell and I hope it rain some more. I would hate to see Madrid live through a severe drought.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1851 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments