MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65310 - 07/18/06 07:02 PM Re: Summer in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Diana, personally, I don't plan to EVER go back to the USA. I've found my paradise. cloud9 There is no comparison between my life in the USA and my life here in Spain. Here, for me, I HAVE a life - which wasn't the case in the USA - by comparison.

Diana, I can imagine that someday, when you've completed your career goals - OR when/if you find you can accomplish them FROM Spain - you'll then seriously consider a permanent move. But don't wait TOO late! We tend to put our roots down DEEP the longer we stay in one place. When your children have their children (in the USA) you'll be less likely to make that move to Spain and leave those Grandchildren behind. En fin, do whatever makes you the happiest and you'll be fine.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65311 - 07/22/06 11:43 AM Re: Summer in Spain
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
MadridMan/Diana,

MadridMan, those are words of wisdom about doing what you enjoy. I recently changed my entire life in order to have a LIFE as well. Spain will figure into LIFE, increasing to 6 months a year. I'll always be an American but as such can appreciate the enchantment Spain offers. Viva la differencia!

Saludos!

#65312 - 07/22/06 12:37 PM Re: Summer in Spain
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Madrid Man, I'm curious about your statement that you don't ever plan to go back to the USA to live. Of course, this may be just an expression of how much you enjoy your new home, and at some point you may end up returning. But I am curious as to, if its true that you really envision never going back, what exactly has made you arrive at that conclusion. I am curious because I left the USA 10 years ago, thinking I would never return. I haven't, but my reasoning and motives have changed significantly over the years. For as much as I have loved this country I have stopped looking at it through rose coloured glasses and I find as many faults with it as I do my former home. I'm just wondering about your perspective, because as I understand it, you made this move recently. It does sound like you are really enjoying life in Spain, enhorabuena!

#65313 - 07/22/06 03:49 PM Re: Summer in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Jerezano, I'll keep my answer to you brief as it's off-topic.

My plan is to never return to the USA to live. That's not to say that I'll NEVER go back to live but at present I don't plan to go back. At present, at least, things are too good for me here in Spain as compared to the same things in the USA.

At home in Spain, MadridMan cloud9

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65314 - 07/22/06 04:21 PM Re: Summer in Spain
spnishmuse Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Bravo muchachos y muchachas! It's all about timing and life choices. My imminent move to Spain is about precisely that. Life's too short NOT to enjoy. wave

#65315 - 07/22/06 09:22 PM Re: Summer in Spain
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
I would love to make the permanent move... I spent 4 years living in Spain and while I was pretty poor financially compared to in the States I was much richer spiritually and emotionally. I would love to go back but I am trying to figure out how to do that and be able to keep afloat financially. Initially I said as soon as I have x amount in the bank I will make the move for good.. that number came and went and I keep raising the bar on myself.. I think I am just scared and I totally admire anyone who has the courage to do it - maybe someday!!!

#65316 - 07/23/06 03:21 PM Re: Summer in Spain
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Madrid Man, with a title such as "General Spain Chatter", I hardly think your thoughts as to why you plan on staying in Spain forever are off topic. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know why you think Spain has become your permanent home!

#65317 - 07/26/06 07:13 AM Re: Summer in Spain
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
I applaud all of you who, at any age, decided to live your dream of living in Spain....MadridMan, I have to say I think it's wonderful you actually did move to Spain...but I a have a question for you....do you find it difficult since you don't speak fluent Spanish? (correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading some time ago that you don't - but maybe you've learned since then!!) and also, how in the world did you manage to find a job? Or are you working for an American company in Madrid?

I hope to spend more time in Spain one day...I would love to take a year of sabbatical and go spend time there....that is my plan....but unfortunately now, it's time to settle down and start a family....so these forums are keeping my dream alive!!! Thanks guys!

#65318 - 07/26/06 10:55 AM Re: Summer in Spain
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
If you're interested in our host's life details, he updated his bio page on this website.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about MM as he did a lovely job writing about his dream and how he came to live in Madrid.

#65319 - 07/26/06 11:13 AM Re: Summer in Spain
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for telling me he had a bio in here...I had NO idea....I am glad he was able to pursue his dream...and on top of that he married his "ladyfriend"...good for him!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments