Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#65300 - 07/07/06 12:43 PM Summer in Spain
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Sigh.... Here I am in the US and my kids are in Spain. They're old enough now to do all kinds of things on their own, so after some time in Valencia, my son hopped on a train to visit an old buddy in Madrid, and now I hear they've decided to go to Pamplona for the running of the bulls (I'm not supposed to know, but someone squeeled)... Next week hiking in the Pyrenees, after that sailing, kayaking, and snorkeling off the Costa Brava... My daughter is on cloud nine hanging out by the pool with all her cool new Valencian friends and dancing all night long, and no one wants to come home... I think we should just move back there... rolleyes What a life! What a place!

#65301 - 07/08/06 06:07 AM Re: Summer in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Quote:
What a life! What a place!
As long as you don't count things like the Metro tragedy in Valencia last week or the poor soul who went to Pamplona and is now in Intensive Care, paralyzed from the waist down: not from running with the bulls, but from a fall he took playing bullfighter with the cows in the afternoon. rolleyes

#65302 - 07/16/06 06:00 AM Re: Summer in Spain
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
You can't live your life trying to avoid unforseeable tragedy. I agree, Spain does those moments about it that make one feel alive, you just have to enjoy it while you can.

#65303 - 07/16/06 10:20 PM Re: Summer in Spain
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
I think we should just move back there... What a life! What a place!
Be careful, the pasture is always green on the other side. xfingers

Bill

#65304 - 07/17/06 07:22 AM Re: Summer in Spain
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
"Be careful, the pasture is always green on the other side."

Hey - dont spoil my fantasy!! It keeps me going as I sit in traffic every day :-)

#65305 - 07/17/06 11:32 AM Re: Summer in Spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Diana,

Saw your post under the Valencia thread - first and formost - your kids are both safe and that is what really counts ....

I'm with you on "that greener pasture" clap ... miss Spain terribly -

Have you thought about a surprise visit to the kids? Any excuse for a visit - and no one can argue w/ the kid angle wink

#65306 - 07/17/06 01:38 PM Re: Summer in Spain
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The sacrifices you make for kids eh! help

#65307 - 07/17/06 03:47 PM Re: Summer in Spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
LOL!
FYI - lots of the time, its oh so self-serving!

#65308 - 07/18/06 09:33 AM Re: Summer in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
oh Diana, I guess there are reasons you are not here this year! How wonderful for your kids though. Make sure they bring things home for you...although it is not the same...I know! I think you need to treat yourself to a good Spanish restaurant this weekend. Enjoy a good bottle of wine and a delicious paella too. thumbsup

#65309 - 07/18/06 11:23 AM Re: Summer in Spain
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Well actually, I'm having quite a great time here without the kids - I'm getting things accomplished that I'm very proud of - without interruptions! I'm also very much looking forward to next summer, when I plan to spend a loooong time in both Spain and Italy.... and I'm thrilled that the kids are feeling so at home in Spain. They're surrounded with wonderful people who care about them. My son has a great plan for the future that includes living in Spain at least 6 months a year, if not all year, and I'm confident that he'll pull it off.

This summer marks the tenth anniversary of our moving to the States after living in Spain for so long. Believe me, I know the "grass is greener" bit about Spain and the U.S. better than most!! There are excellent reasons for being in the U.S. now, and excellent reasons to move back to Spain. It all comes down to priorities and what you need to do at different points in your life. But as far as overall quality of life - the simple enjoyment of people and places - Spain wins with no contest. For my kids, now becoming young adults, Spain is wonderful. For me, since I'm immersed in various career projects, the U.S. is best right now. I think we're extraordinarily lucky to be able to know, appreciate and enjoy both places. I'd love to spend more time in Spain, and I have a feeling that some day, some how, it will happen! In the meantime, I'm thrilled that the kids can do it now!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments