Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6525 - 02/13/04 01:14 PM Sevilla: Easter, lodging emergency
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I got bad news from hotels.com (three weeks later, i might add) that my reservation in Sevilla was not confirmed. I wasted almost a month of prime booking time. But, I must look forward!

I need your help. Does anyone know of a hostel or hotel, reasonably priced, that isn't listed on the Internet and may still have space? I've tried all the ones in Madridman's page, but they are all booked.

HELP ME!!!

#6526 - 02/15/04 07:21 PM Re: Sevilla: Easter, lodging emergency
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
You might try renting an apartment from alojamientos-sevilla.com It won't be cheap, but for Semana Santa, what is? Very nice people.

#6527 - 02/15/04 09:18 PM Re: Sevilla: Easter, lodging emergency
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Silvita, if you absolutely can't find anything IN Sevilla city you might want to consider booking something in the nearby village of Alcalá de Guadaira . We stayed here during my only time to Sevilla during Semana Santa several years ago and were able to take a daily bus from the village to the city. Seems to me it took about 25 minutes and was cheap. The only problem was the last bus back to Alcalá de Guadaira was at about 11pm. I think the one night we drove the car into Sevilla and parked in a parking garage because we were there allllll night long with the processions. You wouldn't have to take the bus if you didn't want - you could drive - but the traffic and road closures in Sevilla during Semana Santa can make things a bit difficult.

To find hotels in Alcalá de Guadaira you could do a Google.com search using the following search syntax:

"Alcalá de Guadaira" +hotel

To find the distance between the two, drive time, and routes, go to http://www.viamichelin.com and plug in your city names.

And who knows, hotels in Alcalá de Guadaira might just be a bit cheaper. Alcalá is a cute, whitewashed village and they have their own processions too.

Best of luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6528 - 02/20/04 01:24 PM Re: Sevilla: Easter, lodging emergency
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Thanks a million to those who responded! Special thanks to Cathy M. for the leads!

I did find a hostel and for only 60 euros a night for two people! Needless to say, it shows that it is possible to get lodging during Seville's Semana Santa, even in February!

When I get back, I'll be sure to review the place.

Thanks again!

#6529 - 02/24/04 12:25 AM Re: Sevilla: Easter, lodging emergency
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by sookkwan on 02-23-2004 10:22 PM]

Hostal Lis kept me on tenterhooks for over a week, replying my booking inquiries with "Yes we have room. Please send credit card information to secure booking." Sent it TWICE and "apparently" they didn't receive it. Found that out after I called them .

So am left without a place to stay in Sevilla from 30 April to 3 May during the fiesta.

Cathy M and Silvita - could you share your accommodation leads? Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments