Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Spain 1 - France 0 :jump: :jump:

#65249 - 06/27/06 03:33 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Again, (on this new page) ....

...You can listen LIVE on Radio Marca Digital as well as on CADENA SER, ONDA MADRID, Radio Exterior de España, and Radio Nacional de España to name a few. You can click the link and listen on the Spain Multimedia page . No way to WATCH live video, however, but you can follow statistics on the official FIFA World Cup page HERE .

Go SPAIN!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65250 - 06/27/06 04:41 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

SON OF A B****!! France scored! It's 2-1 for France! ARGH!!! 5 minutes left!! eek

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#65251 - 06/27/06 04:51 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ARGGGGH!!!!!! mad rolleyes FRANCE WINS 3-1. Zidane, the French player which recently announced his retirement from REAL MADRID, scored the THIRD, FINAL GOAL, and killed the World Cup hopes of the SPANISH team. ARGH!!!!!!!

Saludos, Madrid frown (sniff!)

#65252 - 06/28/06 04:57 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
Dammit! You cannot imagine the ribbing I'm getting from the Frenchies this morning. help

As soon as I saw Raúl in the starting line up I knew what would happen. Have to concentrate in England now. wave

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#65253 - 06/28/06 05:14 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The French team was DEFINITELY more aggressive in the second half. And Spain still had possession of the ball like 68% of the time!!! Come on! mad

Should we now cheer for the Brazilian team since they have so many players on (for now) the Spanish fútbol teams?

Now watch, Beckham will have incredible performances for his ENGLAND team - something he never gave for Real Madrid (seems to be a common theme for that team rolleyes ).

Saludos, MadridMan

#65254 - 06/28/06 11:00 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The language at my house when the match was on was terrible, the referee was called everything horrible I can think of and more.
He did make some bad decisions.

#65255 - 06/28/06 03:23 PM Re: Spain World Cup Score
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
The ref wasn´t too bad, he got the deciding free kick wrong, but Spain still should have defended it better. Viera is not that hard to miss. If we´re moaning about refs, did anyone see Brazil v Ghana ? Talk about a 12th man, as the Ghana manager said afterwards, the ref was wearing a yellow shirt, and as if they need any more help.

Still bad luck Spain. This year probably was not their best chance. The young players are very young still, the older ones, as The Keeper implies, are past their best. Give them 2 years and we could be watching Spain become champions of Europe.

Please don´t support Brazil MM. So much talent yet still the need to be cynical.

Obviously I want England to win, but the English team is up there with Switzerland and the Ukraine as the competitions most boring.

Spain were one of the most entertaining to watch, Argentina have had their moments too, I still think Germany are the team to beat to win the cup.

#65256 - 06/29/06 03:04 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Quote:
As soon as I saw Raúl in the starting line up I knew what would happen.
Yeah, because Raul (a striker) is to blame for the team conceding 3 goals???? rolleyes I would hazard a guess (correct me if I'm wrong) that 99% of the Brits who claim to hate Raul are also Real Madrid-haters. If England were to lose 3-1 to Brazil would you (could you) blame Rooney or Crouch (if picked)?
Spain has overall a talented young team. However, on the day, age and experience won the game. Hope for us all there! It's sometimes better to be effective rather than looking attractive!

#65257 - 06/29/06 03:46 AM Re: Spain World Cup Score
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
The reason I dislike Raúl is nothing to do with the club he plays for. Having watched Spain first in the last European championships and now in the World cup all I see is a player who both domestically and internationally is way past his best. In England we have had similar problems with players like Seaman and Heskey.
I do not like the Madridistas but am used to putting club feelings aside when it comes to internationals. I have been a Leeds United Supporter all my life and as such have little time for those who do or who have played for Manchester United, but when it comes to England it is another matter.
Raúl may deserve a place on the bench, when his experience may be of use if he is brought on for half an hour at the end (like the openning match) but when the team start with him, they simply do not have the spark or pace to be contenders. If he has any honour now, he should retire from international football, to give the team to gel before 2008.

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2967 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments