Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64910 - 03/01/05 05:20 AM Madrid questions + language course?
ricoba Offline

This summer I'm off to Madrid to study Spanish for 3 months. I've got a few questions which I hope someone could help me out with :-

1. I want to rent an apartment/ studio while I'm there but I'm not sure which is the best way to do this. The language school which I am attending have quoted me a price of 900 euros per month for a 1 bedroom studio. Is this expensive or a reasonable price ? Are there any reliable letting companies out in Madrid that I can access via the web.

2. Bank account...... Which is the best way to withdraw my money whilst I'm out in Madrid. I have a bank account in England but I don't want to pay charges every time I make a withdrawal or use travellers cheques !!!!!!

3. I don't have a mobile phone at the moment, but I'll need one when I'm out there. Someone has suggested that I buy a phone from England but buy the sim card when I get to Madrid as it will be cheaper.

4. And lastly, just out of interest, if anyone has done a similar type of language course (25 hours per week of intensive Spanish) what level am I likely to acheive after 13 weeks. I am currently studying Spanish at AS level. Be interesting to find out !!!!

Thanks

#64911 - 03/01/05 08:16 AM Re: Madrid questions + language course?
egybela Offline

I recommend to you the http:www.idealista.com, or
http://madrid.loquo.com/. You'll find a lot of accomondations on these webpages.
Have a nice day!

#64912 - 03/01/05 09:39 AM Re: Madrid questions + language course?
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
I'll second the above reommendation for loquo. 900 Euros seems like a LOT of money. I live in Moncloa (just north of the center) and I pay 380 Euros per month(including utilities). I live in a piso with my roommate from the USA and one other woman. Especially for a short time, it might be hard to find an actual apartment to rent...a lot of places have a one-year minimum to rent an entire apartment. Also, try looking around the university campuses or notice boards...people will post signs when they are renting out pisos or habitaciones.

#64913 - 03/01/05 11:32 AM Re: Madrid questions + language course?
ricoba Offline

Thanks egybela & mse 924 for your help. I'll look into those websites.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments