Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#64771 - 01/18/05 03:25 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
David K Offline

Mahou beer.

#64772 - 01/18/05 08:17 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
I would like to bring :

the passion of flamenco
the laid back siesta
I'm sorry I have to be selfish.....The men laugh

#64773 - 01/18/05 08:37 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
Quevedo Offline

Loc: New York City
You can get good chorizo, coffee, cheese, churros, etc right here in the U.S. - it's the part about these things when they are IN SPAIN that make them so special! I really want everything Spanish to stay in Spain to keep my interest high to return again and again and again. Besides - too many Spanish things brought to this country run the risk of eventually finding a "Mc" in from of their name with a "super size" option for an extra 39 cents! Having said that, here are three things from Spain that I would like to see over here.

1. Paella served in real paella pans
2. more people strolling the boulevards in the early evening to people-watch and socialize.
3. stores, shops and bakeries that wrap your purchase in their own branded fancy paper to make you feel as though your purchase is always something special.

#64774 - 01/20/05 11:07 AM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
Here's my list:
1) the women
2) Mahou beer
3) the bars with the free tapas when you order a drink and their hours of operation!

#64775 - 02/01/05 06:03 AM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
Moulangi Offline

Loc: Madrid
1. The Sunshine
2. The Siesta and laid back attitude to life
3. Frutos secos

In exchange for:
1. The variety and cheapness of vegetarian food and the attitude that goes with it.
2. Clearly labeled and cheap animal-free products like toiletries.
3. Cheap voile curtains.

#64776 - 02/01/05 11:36 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
1--Speaking Spanish as it is spoken in Spain all the time.
2--Inexpensive metro fares.
3--Being able to enjoy nice dinners & congenial companionship as the Spaniards do.

#64777 - 02/03/05 01:22 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Have to agree with the following choices
1) Free aperitivos in bars with your drink
2) Clean, efficient, cheap public transport system
3) Cafe con Leche for 1 Euro.

Plus - the sunshine, the spontaneity and the attitudes toward life in general ...

Great thread!

#64778 - 02/03/05 02:16 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
I agree with everyone who has posted so far...
- apart from that I would like to add:

1. Flamenco
2. Dress sense of Spanish women
3. A decent cup of coffee, no matter where you go

#64779 - 02/07/05 02:01 PM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
1- Good coffee everywhere!!!
2- Public transportation
3- Terrazas

And of course the food.

#64780 - 02/21/05 11:32 AM Re: Three things you would like to introduce back home from Spain.
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
The Tascas, of course. I've wished for them here ever since my first trip to Spain decades ago. Utterly unique and always a delight. Still, to support them requires a culture, values and life style that seem totally alien to the USA.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2355 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments