Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64751 - 12/31/04 05:04 PM studying and living in madrid
FluffyP13 Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
i leave for madrid on january 9 and will be there until may. i am staying on alfonso x. i was just wondering if anybody knows this part of town and what it is like. it is near the metro stop ruben dario i believe.

#64752 - 01/01/05 01:21 PM Re: studying and living in madrid
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm not sure about the information you may be looking for, but it is a nice neighbourhood of the center. Pretty upscale if you ask me.

#64753 - 01/01/05 04:13 PM Re: studying and living in madrid
FluffyP13 Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
thats ok, thanks for that information. i leave in a week and i'm really excited. i've only been to spain once before and that was with a german friend of mine who has a beach house in port de la selva which is a tiny village on the med on the french/spain border. i cant wait to see the big city. i'm living with a single woman

#64754 - 01/04/05 12:00 PM Re: studying and living in madrid
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Alfonso X is one block long running from Juan Bravo to Rafael Calvo. It's just a block to the Ruben Dario Metro stop. It is fairly upscale, but I lived a block from there for a month when I first got to Madrid in 2003. It is a residential area with several restaurants and bars nearby, but no real nightlife within walking distance. Cross over Castellana and you are in Barrio de Salamanca with lots of shopping and still no nightlife!

#64755 - 01/13/05 07:44 AM Re: studying and living in madrid
eduardo111 Offline

Loc: Madrid,España
No nightlife in Barrio de Salamanca?There's actually quite a few discos and bars on the area.

Un saludo!

Eduardo

eduardo111@gmail.com

#64756 - 01/13/05 02:54 PM Re: studying and living in madrid
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I also lived in that area in 2003 on the street juan bravo in salamanca. I went to rueben dario once. It an upscale area. The most upscale club in madrid (fortuny) is close by. I believe the area is called chamberi. Check out QDQ.COM

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2717 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments