Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64728 - 12/26/04 02:18 PM Buen Viaje a Madrid!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear MadridMan,
Hope your upcoming trip to Madrid is as exciting as those in the past!
Best Wishes,
Booklady!

#64729 - 12/26/04 05:59 PM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Booklady! How nice of you! And thank you for your well-wishes. I expect this trip to be every bit as satisfying as those in the past. And while SOME work will be done, it'll mostly be socializing with family and just a few friends between shopping trips and going out for tapas. New Years Eve will likely be low-key with a late night family dinner instead of the Puerta del Sol as last year. Can't wait to walk around Sol and Plaza Mayor on other nights to see the lights and the crowds. You can be sure I'll be checking in to the message board daily to see what's going on so I hope no one has any ideas of sneaking in some advertising, thinking I won't see and delete it.

I'm looking forward to seeing all those same old places and wonderful friends. It's feeling more and more like home with every visit. Gives me a warm, fuzzy sensation inside. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64730 - 12/27/04 08:12 AM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
That warm fuzzy sensation .... some of us call it "love" wink
Have a great trip!

#64731 - 12/27/04 09:24 AM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey Madridman, welcome back! smile Have a good flight and a grrreat time!!!

As always, get in touch if you need anything.

¡Felices fiestas a todos! laugh

pim

PS: What?, no get together this time?

#64732 - 12/27/04 10:08 AM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks, pim! I'm only in Madrid until January 9th and we may spend a couple days in Granada, plus New Years family get-togethers, a meeting or two, Magic Kings on the 6th, shopping, etcetera doesn't allow enough time to have a get together. BUT you can be SURE we'll have one during my Semana Santa trip at the end of March or beginning of April. Hope you can make it THIS time! wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64733 - 12/29/04 09:39 AM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

In less than 2 hours I'll be on my way to the airport for my Delta flight to Madrid via (4 hours layover in) Atlanta. Anyone else on that flight? hehehe.. Didn't think so. I've got some books, some printouts of Spain's El País English Edition, my inflatable neck-pillow, toothbrush and toothpaste, and a sweater too. Hope it's a smoooooth flight with no delays or other issues.

Next time you hear from me I'll be in Madrid!!!

HAPPY-AS-HAPPY-CAN-BE, MadridMan laugh

#64734 - 12/30/04 09:42 AM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MM, hope you had a great flight!
I bet you had your porras this morning with your cafesito! Enjoy!

#64735 - 12/30/04 11:20 AM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
As you know I was in MAdrid in the begining of December and I promised I would hook you up with the key to the city for your arrival. As promised I deliverd! When you get to Barajas ask for Jose. He holding it for you.

HAve fun Madridman!!!
Eat a grape for me!
Happy New Year

#64736 - 12/30/04 02:09 PM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

JoeSambuca, I looked all over but couldn´t find José - PROBABLY because my flight was more than 1-hour late due a "minor" engine problem eek and a "swapping" of engine parts after boarding in Atlanta. Ugh. rolleyes

And Booklady, since I didn´t get out of Barajas until after 11am and then had to make some important stops directly thereafter, I MISSED MY PORRAS!!! I was so disappointed too. My anticipation was great. Oh well, I´ll walk down to Bar Paco at the bottom of my/this street to get some after getting up. "Paco" always gives me odd looks like "What´s this tourist doing in my neighborhood bar?" whenever I come in. I´m sure he recognizes but it´s always "business as usual". I SO don´t fit in here and love it that way. hehehe... Can´t wait for tomorrow morning.

So since I slept nary a wink on the 8-hour flight (or almost 10-hours ON the plane) I was quite tired but had the energy to have a wonderful cocido lunch with a couple of Mahou beers with "the family" at about 2:30pm before taking a THREE HOUR SIESTA. eek Wow, I needed that. I´ve unpacked and am now "checking in".

Tomorrow (Friday) we go shopping around the neighborhood for New Years Eve foods (including GRAPES!!) for the late dinner and then drive to Carrefor for a couple other items like wine. Yummmm... :p

Gotta run. smile Saludos, MadridMan

#64737 - 12/30/04 04:54 PM Re: Buen Viaje a Madrid!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am SO happy you are in Madrid, MadridMan! Having MadridMan IN Madrid is SO right! Have a great time...try to remember all the sights and sounds (and tastes!) to share with us all. Disfrútelo smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2709 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments