Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64562 - 08/16/04 06:44 AM Ethical and internet Banking in Spain
Moulangi Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hiya. Am moving to Malaga in October. What are people's favourite banks in Spain and why? Are there any equivalents of smile bank (the internet part of the Cooperative Bank in the UK)? What is the most ethical bank? Thanks, amigos.
Clare

#64563 - 08/16/04 07:47 AM Re: Ethical and internet Banking in Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

People just don't care at all about the ethicity of their bank by now.

I recommend you Cajas (savings banks) before banks in any aspect unless you travel often (they use to be local/regional, but for Caixa and CajaMadrid), and they charge you for withdrawing money in other cajas.

But Internet banks are far better in any active rates, because they have very few or no commisions, and they are suscribed to the major tellar chains that you can use free of charge.

I use Patagon Internet Bank (Banco de Santander Group), but there are others good too, like e-Bankinter. Bankinter itself is pretty good even when you use the non-internet version.

There are other banks that work both on the net and outside like the Popular and BBVA/uno-e. I don't like much the latter one.

If yu are mostly interested in having deposit at small interest rates instead of unexistant interest rates, you can have ING or Patagon.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2055 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments