MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64486 - 05/26/04 06:51 AM Re: Royal Wedding's Boligrafo Waterman-BIC
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Here's one for MadridMan: The wine list for the Wedding dinner lists Albarinho (Denominacion de Origen - Rias Baixas) as the white wine and Rioja as the redwine (also Cava Blanca). rolleyes

#64487 - 05/27/04 12:50 PM Re: Royal Wedding's Boligrafo Waterman-BIC
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Now this is a great debate about an important topic! When I look at the photo, I can't see through the barrel of the pen and I see the black lowere portion and the silver colored pen tip. Looks to me like it might be a Waterman or other type of fountain pen.

#64488 - 05/27/04 02:18 PM Re: Royal Wedding's Boligrafo Waterman-BIC
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Eddie: I'm interested in who this "locutor mexicano" was that gave the wrong information. If it was a woman, then it was Maria Antonieta Collins, who would then be a "locutora mexicana."

If it was a male, then it was Iñaki Berrueta, who, if the name doesn't give it away, is actually Spanish.

If you did make a gender error and it was Maria Antonieta, perhaps you also made a Spanish comprehension error regarding her statements, too. Just because she's not Spanish, doesn't make her ignorant to Spain's cultural sensitivities.

And I think someone else mentioned it, but Galicia has significant Celtic roots and history, even starting with the name, which translates into "Land of the Gaelic People." So I wouldn't call someone an idiot for making a connection.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1992 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments