Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64440 - 05/20/04 03:12 PM Any and all Spain Questions
SuziinSpain Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
My name is Suzi and I live in Madrid - and have for the last year. I have been a visitor here and now a working "Madrileno." If anyone has any questions about Spain - Madrid in particular - I would be happy to answer. I can pretty much comment on anything Spain-related, so please feel free to use my expertise!

#64441 - 05/20/04 04:00 PM Re: Any and all Spain Questions
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I am curious about the type of work that you do.What field are you in? how long did it take you to get the job? You do not have to mention the company you are working for. What is the best way to go about finding a job in spain.

#64442 - 05/20/04 09:08 PM Re: Any and all Spain Questions
SuziinSpain Offline

Hi Matador! Well, I work for the U.S. government here in Spain. For an American, it is not a very easy thing to find a legal job in Spain. They have the same rules the U.S does about finding work - officially no other Spaniard (or EU citizen for that matter) can be qualified for a job, for an American to be able to obtain a work visa for that position. Having said that - I know quite a few Americans who came to study here and worked (illegally) until a company sponsored them for a work visa. There are other avenues as well - there are many English teachers here and people who work for American companies in Spain. It can be done!

#64443 - 05/26/04 02:49 PM Re: Any and all Spain Questions
leeshell Offline

Loc: Omaha, NE USA
Hello, A friend and I are coming to Spain in less than 2 weeks. Our first stop in Madrid and of course we have on our lists all of the major "can't miss" places in Madrid. I was wondering if there were any places you have learned about that are "can't misses" that you didn't know were even there before you went. We are in Madrid June 9,10,& 11th and then we move onto Seville, Marbella, Valencia, Ibizia, Barcelona, and then southern France. We are so excited and just want to take in all that we can. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

#64444 - 05/26/04 08:26 PM Re: Any and all Spain Questions
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Do you by any chance work for the embassy, Suzi?

#64445 - 05/27/04 12:20 PM Re: Any and all Spain Questions
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Isn't it ridiculous to have such restrictions in circulation of persons and jobs?

I hope somewhen in the future we can travel, move and work whenever we want and can. That is one of the best things about European Union. You can move anywhere else in Europe without passport, without visas and without any explanation, you want to work in Italy or Germany? Find a job and move on, or move on and find a job! smile

As long as it complies with security restrictions and has a regulation (to avoid having too much inmigrants without jobs in your country) I don't see where is the problem.

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments