Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64280 - 03/14/04 11:25 PM Gracias MadridMan!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I just wanted to thank you for this website and all the hard work that goes into it. I read an earlier post in the spanish only section that made me realize that you don't nearly enough praise for the work you do with this site. Your love for Spain is admirable, your work on the site is second to none, and although it's not expressed as often as it should be. We appreciate you. THis site has been a HUGE fountain of information for many travelling in and around Spain/Madrid, and many friends have been made through the MadridMan gettogethers, as well as through the various dinner gatherings at Spanish restaurants throughout the US. And all of this is possible because you care enough about Spain to do this.

#64281 - 03/16/04 09:59 AM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Ditto, and thanks for moderating some of these discussions (the political discussions are distracting at best). Bravo!

#64282 - 03/16/04 07:41 PM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
dahump1 Offline

Loc: north carolina
Agreed fully on that comment. I happened onto this site and it brout back many good memories of the "...days in september, the leaves were brown on the ground. In Spain I did love and adore you..." anyone know of Mari Venegas Lopez?

#64283 - 03/16/04 10:42 PM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
Kevin Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Spain is one of the countries I have never visited....but want to VERY badly. (No, you won't catch MY ass running from a 2000 Lb bull without a Honda CBR 600F3 that will do about 200 kmh)

I have been to France(Spit), Germany, Czechoslovakia, England, Holland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein. I want to visit Italy and Spain. My girlfriend's mother is from Ireland and her father was also in the military. He's been stationed in Turkey, Germany, and Korea.

Damn, I love to travel. Thank God I was drunk off vino most of the time I was in Paris.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?

#64284 - 03/18/04 12:55 AM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
Jennita Offline

Loc: Denver
MadridMan,

Thank you for your help with finding information about my friends in Madrid. I found out on Friday that everyone was fine, but that both my friend and her husband normally would have taken the trains that day. Her husband called in sick, and she ended up taking the metro. It meant so much to me that you emailed me with specific information on how I could check up on them. I am truely grateful.

I found this website as I was planning a 2 month visit to Madrid. My husband was looking for Spanish classes and I was looking for a nice place to stay. (Our Spanish friends have since then asked us to stay with them). I adore your site, and as a web developer, I am in awe of your site and your knack for keeping this message board in line.

Thank you for all your hard work! We truely appreciate it!

Jennita

#64285 - 03/18/04 05:22 AM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board: To Protect & To Serve its Members."

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64286 - 03/18/04 12:37 PM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
Xylac Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
MadridMan,

Thank you so much for all your hard
work.
I love your site! It has been very helpful and informative for me. The information
provided deserves praise to all involved.
Thank you very much for sharing!

#64287 - 03/24/04 12:57 PM Re: Gracias MadridMan!
scubamozart Offline

I also want to add my thanks to MadridMan, and all others on this board who have posted information.

I, unfortunatly, arrived in Madrid on Thursday March 11 at night. The first couple of days were rocky... but the Spanish people could not have been more helpful (especially given the horrible circumstances of that day)

I checked this website frequently during the trip for news updates, and recommendations for accomodations and places to visit.

Thanks to all!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments