Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64166 - 03/11/04 04:48 AM Question - Has anyone used these sites?
soobee Offline

Loc: South Yorkshire
I'm currently looking for a holiday home in Nerja. I've found several sites on the Internet, but am unsure whether they are reliable or not. I don't want anywhere that uses the hard-sell. Has anyone used either www.nerjamanproperty.freeservers.com or www.123freehost.co.uk/sites/nerjasearch ? I'd appreciate any comments.Thanks

#64167 - 03/11/04 05:42 AM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hard to say, soobe. I'm not so sure them using these two Free Web Hosting Servers give the visitor an impression of professionalism.

Would you dare trust a company using, say, Geocities to advertise their business? I know there are (still) a number of hostels which use free servers like this but what they may not realize is that it hurts their credibility and reputation. All things being equal the prospective client may very well use a competitor which has a more professional-looking/seeming website.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64168 - 03/11/04 05:12 PM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
soobee Offline

Thanks for the advice. I did email one in the end and was quite impressed by the speed in which someone called me back. It seems its a lady just helping a friend out by passing on details. I'll reserve my judgement tho till I see what her friend comes up with and how they approach the actual selling part. cool

#64169 - 03/18/04 11:55 AM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
costaxpat Offline

If you are looking to buy property on the coast, Nerja or anywhere eles..take your time...dont go for the rush bit..look around, it is worth your time..there are a lot of "sharks" and I´m sorry to say, that a lot of the sharks are brits, pushing on the "you can trust me I´m british".. dont put a deposit on untill a lawyer checks the deeds, dont sign anything you don´t understand and get proper bills for all services.
Good luck

#64170 - 03/18/04 07:34 PM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
soobee Offline

Thanks for the advice. The guy who called me back was Spanish. Seems like a really nice person and not at all pushy. Going out in a couple of weeks to view somewhere so we'll see what happens then. Another site I looked at is www.nerjaman.co.uk which looks a bit more professional than the others.

#64171 - 04/06/04 07:13 PM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Buying property in Spain is super complicated, and to me the process defied all logic. I ran everything by a lawyer there, at every step, and came out fine, but it was way weird.
The bottom line is that I am extatic over having my own place there, and it was worth every sleepless night.
The other postings here are right on the money, caveat emptor pal!

#64172 - 04/06/04 10:12 PM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
Zzeus11 Offline

I like Nerja and have friends who have used http://www.playaproperties.com/ this company, and have been happy with the service.

I have spent some time also in Capistrano Villages , they have their own rental/sales office but many units (houses, apartamentos, townhouses) for sale privately or via other real estate companies.

http://www.capistranovillage.com/

#64173 - 04/06/04 10:46 PM Re: Question - Has anyone used these sites?
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Here is a link to a real estate agent out of Britain that I like to look at now and then, but I rush to say that I have never dealt with them. www.spain-homes.org

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments