Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64071 - 01/10/04 07:19 AM Madrid:Unlocking cell phone (vodafone)
technorat Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Everyone,

I just got here with my nice Dutch Vodafone cell phone and thought I could just pop in a new SIM card and be ready to go (thatīs what the salesman in Amsterdam said anyways). Apparently I canīt though because itīs locked. Does anyone know of a place where I can get in unlocked in Madrid?

Gracias,

Marc

#64072 - 01/10/04 07:45 AM Re: Madrid:Unlocking cell phone (vodafone)
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It usually depends on the model itself.

Check www.liberatumovil.com , they have two shops in Madrid were you can "free" your mobile phone.

It may be another option to go to the official technical support service and explaining them the problem...

And the last option: Go to a Vodafone shop, explain the problem, and ask them to free the mobile phone (perhaps this option is the best, and probably the cheapest).

Fernando

#64073 - 01/10/04 01:30 PM Re: Madrid:Unlocking cell phone (vodafone)
technorat Offline

Loc: Madrid
Thanks Fernando, Iīll check out Liberatumovil. I contacted Vodafone support and they said I need to fill out some paperwork in Holland (yeah right) and then pay €25 to get it done. The Vodafone store on Goya wasnīt any more helpful.

Ah well, it wouldnīt be an adventure if it was easy.

#64074 - 01/12/04 05:28 PM Re: Madrid:Unlocking cell phone (vodafone)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
technorat, you should find places to unlock your cellphone for about €10. I had mine unlocked at a place at Gaztambide street (I think it is on the number 52). Depending on the phone, it could be more expensive as they risk to lock it forever if they don't know how to unlock it properly.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
la calma
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1702 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments