Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#63981 - 12/02/03 10:04 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey fmiketheman. If you fancy a beer, I'll buy you one. Just send me an email. cool

#63982 - 12/04/03 02:52 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

en vivo desde alcala de henares!(live from alcala de henares.

im in spain!

sorry ignacio but i left madrid this morning and wont be back to madrid until the 13th next saturday.
thanx anyway but my papi already provides me some san migueles and mahoues cool

ill be in the north by sunday.

im lucky my family here in alcala de henares has internet.

yesterday while in madrid i couldnt go online to talk to you guys.

hey MM you no what i ate today: sopa de fideos,gambas al ajillo,y paella marinera con sidra e fanta de naranja.
i imagine you do the homer from the simpsons. laugh :p wink

yesterday i was in hortaleza,plaza de cibeles,gran via,calle de alcala y plaza mayor,puerta del sol and surroundings.
i saw a outdoor play near puerta del sol.

i also did a paseo through these streets and ate tapas and cheap beer at cerveceria alemania near calle del prado and visited with family there.

i have alot of family in spain.because my dad is a galician immigrant who left all his family in spain and they in turn scatterd to madrid,alcala de henares,ferrol,and of course one of them(my uncle)stayed in ortigueira.

#63983 - 12/04/03 03:15 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
fmiketheman wrote:
Quote:
hey MM you no what i ate today: sopa de fideos,gambas al ajillo,y paella marinera con sidra e fanta de naranja.
i imagine you do the homer from the simpsons.
Mmmmmm... rolleyes :p mmmmmm.... Ohmygod.... I read the first two items and was already moaning with visions of gambas al ajillo dancing in my head. heheheh... My goodness... :p

Glad you're enjoying your time in Spain, fmiketheman. Please do keep us posted.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63984 - 12/04/03 08:20 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
hi everyone i thought i would just tell you all thats its 6 days until i go to Madrid for the first time.Im a nurse currently on nightduty and in approx 7 hours im on leave,i think most of the staff and patients are sick of me talking about Madrid,one person even said to me why Madrid?how can you answer that?Log on Madridmans message board was the only answer i could give.Soon i will be able to decide Madrid or Barca ?? and give my own hotel review.

#63985 - 12/05/03 01:29 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a quick note:

Barça is the name given to the Barcelona Futbol Club.

Barcelona is also called Barna.

#63986 - 12/05/03 10:51 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

ignacio

i know you want to meet me and everything and i do too.but i just can't. frown

#63987 - 12/05/03 11:53 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
Anonymous
Unregistered

No problem, man. It was just an idea, there will be more opportuniies, and I know your trip was a little packed with visits. smile

I can stand it, I am still not in love. Ha, ha. laugh laugh laugh

#63988 - 12/06/03 06:20 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi chez 123

You said ",one person even said to me why Madrid?how can you answer that?Log on Madridmans message board was the only answer i could give"

Well you could also say:
It has 3 of the world's best art galleries (you can't say the best - how do you compare the Louvre or the National Gallery with the Prado?)Loads of museums.
It has perhaps the wildest nightlife in Europe...Almost a 24 hour city (in fact you can always find places open). Whatever music or dance you're into, you have a good chance of finding it here...
You can eat the best food from around Spain and also from the Latin world. Fish and seafood are almost always available... and if you like steak you absolutely MUST eat Argentinian.
The most successful football team ever has its home ground here...
Fascinating historic cities a short journey away (Segovia, Toledo, CHinchon, Avila, El Escorial)
Plus good wine at very reasonable prices. And free aperitivos with your drinks in loadsa bars..

But yes, unless you have stayed here, it is very hard to realte to people how good it is....
...just don't say you're coming for the warm weather...it's cold here in winter!!!

#63989 - 12/06/03 02:33 PM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
fmiketheman Offline

hey everything

very true filbert

in other matters:

ive seen the great cities of madrid and alcala de henares.

now,tomorrow morning im heading for the north of SPAIN!in particular GALICIA!

i will start my trip there in santiago to see the anho xublilar celebrations that eddie recommended me to see.

then i will be in a corunha and head afterwards to nearby o ferrol.

will end my trip in madrid then sadly head on to barajas frown

who gives a **** im in spain right now and i still have more days to suck up spain.

oh and MM you know what i ate today for la comida?

caldo gallego,calamares al ajillo y flan! cool

#63990 - 12/07/03 08:59 AM Re: a very happy fmiketheman is going to spain in 7 days
chez123 Offline

Loc: uk
hi Filbert thanks for your reply ,only 3 days until i go.Do you live there? any suggestions for a night club/disco for 4 people ages between 35-45.I agree about the football club did you watch the match last night,the atmosphere appeared fantastic.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments