Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#63858 - 09/23/03 08:58 AM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
mikey Offline

Loc: ny
Just checking.

rolleyes

#63859 - 10/10/03 01:06 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Brooklyn Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Speaking of Golf, are there any decent (not too pricey) courses in the Seovia-zaragoza-Madrid area?

Thanks, now I'm off to lunch for a loaded hamburger!!

Life is like the hokey pokey, eventually you have to put your whole self in.

#63860 - 10/10/03 04:30 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
The reason why Ethiopians and Sudanese and Somalians are dying of hunger is because of corrupt governments or lack of government such as in Somalia. Remember, the rest of the world sends food to these places for the hungry to be fed, but what happens to the food? It gets confiscated by the army and warlords to feed their soldiers thereby perpetuating the intertribal wars, squirmishes and civil wars that brings only more misery to the poor, dying and starved. Recall that the US sent troops to protect the food in Somalia so that it got to the people rather than the troops. We know what happend there....These countries should take responsibility for what happens in their own countries and put their emphasis on helping their own people rather than fighting to see who's going to wind up on top of the heap of their own dead! Let's face it...warlords and renegade generals don't give a damn about their countrymen. If you're from the wrong tribe, religion, or faction...you're dead! Blame the mismanagement of selfish governments that do not care for their own. If you're a bleeding heart liberal, then take a trip to one of these places and live there for a while. Im sure you'll be welcomed with open arms if you're a Westerner!

Let's not throw guilt on countries that have a bounty of food and can provide for their people.
The world's countries send tons and tons of food to the impoverished, the US being the largest distributor of food. Yes...I am grateful for that big juicy hamburger!!!

#63861 - 10/10/03 05:36 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brooklyn:

I am by no means a golf lover, so I couldn't tell, but it looks to me that that area is not very rich in golf courses, mainly because it's not a touristic area. I know a golf course along Nacional 1 road, but I think it's pretty expensive, and elitist. It's in the Burgos/Valladolid/Segovia area.

Osomajor:

Corruption is the reason why the scarce help doesn't reach. Scarce because millions of tons wouldn't suffice to feed entire populations on a yearly basis.

But, if you see somebody hungry, what would you do, give him a fish o teaching him to fish?

It´s not charity and some crumbs that they need. They would need:

1 A fair price for their products. The buyer (developed countries have the power to set the price and it's always low and most times decreasing).

2 That their rich lands are used to fed their people. which will not be achieved while there is a group of land holders that , through agreements with multinational developed countries' companies, prefer to produce sugar, coffe, and textiles for export rather than grain to feed their people. Also here, the responsible of this situation are the land owners (who act according to market laws) and those multinational developed countries' companies and governments, who encourage this behaviour.

It's always the same method used in Irak, first you destroy, then you throw out some charity to silent your conscience from the deaths that load your new linen suit. frown

#63862 - 10/10/03 06:25 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

It's useless to teach someone anything if they can't keep their concentration up. I would feed the person first then teach.

The bottom line for every country, rich or poor is to provide for it's people...not stockpiling or developing arms, not to maintain a million man army, not mattering if you're a Jew, Muslim or Christian, or imposing your foreign policies on others (there...I've included that too).

Unfortunately business is business, and life is as life is and all the woes of this Earth are not going to be resolved by man. Ignacio, you asked someone if they believed in Jesus Christ. Well, without turning this thread into a platform to preach I will say that yes, not only do I believe but am a practicing Christian. Yes, sometimes I may come off a bit colorful or possibly a bit tough, but that is my weakness. If you or others believe what the Bible says regarding the future for mankind then all these woes befalling the world will soon disappear according to God's own time frame. He has already set things in motion to rid this world of all it's ills. To us, it may be an eternity of time, but to God...a thousand years is but a day to him. In the mean time, we, hope, pray, and do what we individually can to improve our life and that of our fellow man.

#63863 - 10/10/03 06:42 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Anonymous
Unregistered

An army of 1.000.000 people is 1.000.000 people with jobs. Of course, there are more porductive jobs, but the money that goes to armies is not thrown away. At least the part that doesn't go for weapons made outside the country. The rest is Public Expense, and helps activate economy.

I repeat I would prefer those jibs elsewhere, but they are not completely thrown dollars, because these people spend them in teh country, adding new inputs to consume and growth. A million postmen would seem all the same too many to me, for a country, but the salaries of those million people contribute to GNP too.

I am no longer catholic but agnostic, but my ethics are deeply based in Christ teachings even now. In this case, I have to tell that (if there is a God) one of the means God has to act is through people. So, I don't think we have to wait and see how the Almighty solves the problems but rather be His instruments by trying to make the Good.

#63864 - 10/10/03 08:10 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

An army of 1,000,000 is an army of 1,000,000 armed men, ready to march. You said that these are jobs and it adds to the GNP. Simple put, the country is then a war machine, depending on hopes of war to boost it's economy. It could do better with it's money.

The Saudi Arabian government is extremely corrupt. They could afford to pay for a standing army of hundreds of thousands, with the finest weaponary in the world, but they don't, (they just fund terrorists). Instead much of the money is spent on free education for their people, as well as other free services.

It all depends on what the government's priorities are.

Regarding God's use of man to resolve the problems of the world. No, sorry...He's been allowing man to rule in all sorts of systems and governments without success. Yes, there's been many men that have tried, but they either die, or have been killed or disposed. Nothing permanent. If you have your hope in man's ability to bring peace and security to the world, then my friend you'll be waiting forever. Man has the desire, but not the capability to actually bring it about.

Only God can bring true peace and security for ALL man. This is no dream, but an eventual reality. Im sorry you've lost your hope in Him.

"I well know, O Jah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."
Jeremiah 10:23

Ok, enough preachy preachy! wink

#63865 - 10/10/03 08:44 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
From pippo's original post:
Quote:
1.- El Bulli : The best restaurant in all whole world ( for The New Yorker , The Bild , and Wine and Food)

2.- La Tomatina: U must go there !!!!! It.s incredible THE GRTEATEST FOOD BATTLE OF WORLD!!!!.....a mega orlando fight , but very fun.
In Buñol town ( Valencia) , the last wednesday of august....
Let's stick to it. Thanks! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63866 - 10/11/03 12:26 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

I think it would be a lot of fun to be in La Tomatina. What I've seen on TV it looks like one big mess! Ahhhh, to be a kid again! laugh

Thanks MM smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2924 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments