Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63841 - 08/27/03 11:42 AM International law in spain?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in law school and wanted to probe some of the experts on MM for some info about practicing law in Spain. I am sure there are a few lawyers out there, spanish, american, or other that have some experience with the law in Spain. I am a U.S. citizen and just at the beginng of my legal education, so accordinly I am looking for just some basic info about the big law firms in spain that would hire foreigners, what specific areas of the law they usually deal with, and any personal experiences people might have had as an international lawyer.

This summer I plan on doing a summer comparative law program in Spain, so if anyone knows a good program, that would be helpful as well.

As you can see, I am pretty clueless about the specifics of what I want to be doing ,but i figured now was a good time to try to explore my interests. Thanks for any help you can give.

BK

#63842 - 08/29/03 03:01 PM Re: International law in spain?
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Hello Bocata, Have you checked any hispano - american legal tie ups?

A colleague 4/5 yrs back left to go to work in Spain (barcelona?) the ruling professional body for us Brits it is the Law Society. He got the job through Law Society links with the Spanish law firms.
Having moved out of law I'm not sure of the position of portability of qualifications between europe and the states.
Good luck!

#63843 - 08/30/03 05:38 AM Re: International law in spain?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Get your Mandolin (or other stringed instrument) tuned up: the Facultad de Derecho (Law School) of tne University in Madrid traditionally has an excellent Tuna Universitaria which should also be good for some Networking. rolleyes

#63844 - 09/02/03 03:27 PM Re: International law in spain?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Thanks guys! I'll do some looking around for our own law society - the ABA I assume.

BK

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments