Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63838 - 08/24/03 02:58 PM Adapter cables for portable DVD?
el viajero Offline

The tourist apartment where I sometimes stay in Madrid has a small, 1980s TV that only has an RF cable input jack: no RCA jacks, no euroconnector.

I travel with a small, portable multiregion DVD player that only has RCA outputs: one for video, and two for audio (left and right channels). Is there any sort of adapter that can take the RCA audio and video output and turn them into a PAL cable signal, with an appropriate output jack? (I know I could always run the signal through a VCR, but I don't want to schlepp one around.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

#63839 - 08/24/03 04:51 PM Re: Adapter cables for portable DVD?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, nowadays almost all TVs come with one or even two euroconnectors. I think there are cheap RCA to Euroconnector adapters and they should do the job for you.

However, there might be problems to convert NTSC to PAL. Perphaps the DVD player can output both signals. I don't know much about this, but ask about the adapter I told you and see if it's enough.

#63840 - 08/25/03 11:28 PM Re: Adapter cables for portable DVD?
el viajero Offline

Thanks! Yes, the DVD player can output any disc in either PAL or NTSC, so that's not a problem. But as I mentioned, the apartment's TV is very old and only has a coaxial input jack. And since I'm only there a couple months at a time, I'm not about to buy a TV for the landlords. smile

I've seen RCA-to-euroconnector adapters in the electronics department of El Corte Inglés. But I was hoping there would be some way to do RCA-to-coax, without going through a VCR. Oh well... it's not all that important.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments