Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63822 - 08/08/03 11:06 AM Free DSL or Wireless in Madrid???
byrdsong Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
My husband and I just moved here on Wednesday, wondering if anyone knows of places (libraries, bars etc - espcially those with A/C!!) that offer free internet access to customers with laptops?
Robyn

#63823 - 08/08/03 04:45 PM Re: Free DSL or Wireless in Madrid???
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, I don't think you will find such a thing in Madrid.

The only free wireless network in Madrid I know of is ( Madrid Wireless . However, this is a private network that lets you connect to the Madrid network. If you want to access the internet you would have to ask for permission to one of the owners of a node. Furthermore, there aren't many access points yet.

As for the libraries, a few of them has started offering free access but with their computers. They won't allow you to connect your laptop.

However, there is an Internet cafe, CyberFuture at Montera street that has 6 connections point where you can plug-in your laptop. It's more expensive than using the PCs, but perhaps it's more convenient if you want to download or upload something from your computer. I've tried myself and the connection was quite fast.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments