Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63795 - 07/26/03 09:56 PM New Tapas place in Miami Beach!
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
saludos amigos,

If you ever happen to be in the Miami Beach area, you *MUST* check out the new Tapas y Tintos place on the corner of Hispaniola Way and Drexel Avenue. It's only been open two weeks, but it's packed. A much needed tapas bar in Miami that is relatively inexpensive, food is great (and authentic!) with paella brunch on Sundays and wine tastings on Friday afternoons. They've got a full bar but also an extensive collection of Spanish reds & whites as well some packaged foods for sale. You can buy the wine and take it home or they'll open it for you for a corking fee.

The place is located in the newly renovated pedestrian "Plaza de España," so when you sit outside it's as if you were in dear old Spain.

Anyway, buen provecho to all -- where ever you may happen to be.

Churrito laugh

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#63796 - 07/26/03 10:57 PM Re: New Tapas place in Miami Beach!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Churrito,
Many thanks for the information, I will be staying at the Beach in a couple of weeks, so I'll be sure to visit and try it out. Do they have La Casera?

Maybe we can meet up at the Tapas place!

Saludos,
Carmen

#63797 - 07/28/03 08:31 AM Re: New Tapas place in Miami Beach!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Churrocaliente,

I am not that familiar with the miami beach area - is there any way you could post the address? I have tried to search on mapquest, the miami herald, etc for the location but can't come up with anything. I want to take my family somewhere to experience tapas so they will know what I have been ranting and raving about for 5 years!

#63798 - 07/30/03 11:13 AM Re: New Tapas place in Miami Beach!
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Hi Sparkalina,

I don't know the exact address. It's on the corner of Hispaniola Way and Drexel Avenue.

Do you live in Miami? Here are some basic directions. Take I-95 to Mcarthur Causeway. Once off the causeway, stay on 5th Avenue until Washington heading east. On Washington, make left (north). Make left on Hispaniola. If Hispaniola is blocked off for pedestrian use when you come, continue on one block and make left (I think that's 15th St.). Drexel is the next block. You're probably better off parking at the lot on Washington one block south of Lincoln Road (which is about two blocks north of Hispaniola). Email me directly if you need more info.

Booklady, I would love to meet with you! I'll email you.

Cheers and happy tapas to all,

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#63799 - 07/30/03 04:12 PM Re: New Tapas place in Miami Beach!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Thanks!! I am in Naples so an afternoon or evening is Miami is not too far (unless too many adult beverages are consumed during the trip!)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments