Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63474 - 05/23/03 04:21 PM Thursday, It Must be Madrid.
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Well that is it!! It is time for "ELECTRACITY" and his lovely wife to be off to Madrid!!(it has been 2 years for me) Finally! We have everything planned and squared away (except for some of the packing).
Some general ideas/muses on some of the posts:
I was reading the post(s) on Travelers cheques ATM cards etc. My only concern is having the machine "eat" the card. My advice is to use only ATM that are attached to banks and that you do that only DURING bank hours so you could tell someone if your card gets eaten!

Packing super light:
One small carry on (back pack) and one small suit case, wind breaker, fleece vest, jeans, t-shirts and short sleves shirts (some disposable ie; will not be coming home), 2 shorts, 1 swim suit, 1 compact camera w/zoom, 1 tiny flash light and an LED key chain flash light, 1 pair "flip flops" ,1 pair timberline "Mountain Athletics" runners, 1 lip protector w/sun-screen, 1 cap w/soft visor, 1 SMALL spray of "Off" repellent, 10 rolls of film, about a dozen foam ear plugs strewm about, small waist pouch/fanny pack, 2 pair favorite sun glasses, 1 compact binoculars, 1 compact umbrella.
Will be in/out of Madrid for about 3 weeks. To bad I don't have a "Madrid Man" T-shirt to wear. I will try and "log on" while I'm there to report on "whats up". Any final thoughts???

#63475 - 05/23/03 04:51 PM Re: Thursday, It Must be Madrid.
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Hope you have a great time! I am counting the days 'till I go, also. If I don't get some jamón and good café con leche soon I am going to go nuts! I agree with the MadridMan T-shirt idea. Any chances of getting some MadridWear? What do you think MM? I see a whole marketing opportunity for you. Coffee mugs, coolie cups, baseball caps.....

#63476 - 05/23/03 07:10 PM Re: Thursday, It Must be Madrid.
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ELECTRACITY, I'm SO happy you're FINNNNNNALLY going back to Spain/MADRID!!!!! That's great news. You'll soon we walking through the old streets of the capital city, swooning with the realization that YOU -- ARE -- THERE!!!

ELECTRACITY & sparkalina (cool name!): regarding the MadridMan T-Shirt (etcetera) idea, I'm NOT QUITE ready to "sell out" just yet - but the day may very well come. In the meantime, I'll leave the cheap, cheesey, pushy, in-your-face, transparent-yet-obviously-money-grubbing, Madrid marketing strategies (and the term strategies is used VERY loosely here) to J..... ummm... I mean... to others. wink rolleyes

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME IN MADRID, ELECTRACITY!!!!!!!!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments