Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63445 - 05/13/03 10:55 AM flamenco in NYC
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am looking for a place to go this Saturday night to see live Flamenco here in NYC. I called Mesón Asturias in Queens that someone on the board mentioned, but they are not having any show this weekend. My daughter ( 13!) is having her Confirmation and we wanted to celebrate and do something fun. She suggested Flamenco ( how great is that when your child enjoys Flamenco?). I have tried looking around the internet, yet I cannot find much for this weekend. I did read about a place in Brooklyn called Mesón Flamenco. It looks pretty good, but I am wondering if anyone has ever been there and if they had a good experience. Thanks for any ideas. smile Esperanza

#63446 - 05/13/03 12:10 PM Re: flamenco in NYC
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

esperanza

i was the one Fmiketheman who mentioned meson asturias. rolleyes
...anyways i cant believe theyre no having flamenco this weekend.
what bull****
when i used to go they always had flamenco and ambiance as well.
i have to say that the qualities of alot of spanish restaurants i know have gone down.
about this place in brooklyn i dont know.
but i did hear of a brooklyn spanish restaurant but its no longer spanish.the owners went back to the basque country and now the restaurants colombiano.its in parkville near prospect park.what a pity.

UPDATE: hey everybody

esperanza: hi again. i found a nice spanish restaurant with flamenco shows and great food such as paella and such. the name of the place is ole in manhattan.the address is 434 second ave in total midtown. you cn check it out to see if im right or wrong.

#63447 - 05/13/03 12:39 PM Re: flamenco in NYC
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
well, I called Olé and they do have a flamenco guitarrist but not a dancer. I really wanted to try to find flamenco dance.
Thanks Mike! I appreciate you trying to help out. Any other ideas? Anyone? gracias. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2269 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments