Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#63394 - 04/25/03 05:34 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yesterday´s journal entry has been posted which inludes my dinner in Huertas with Antonio, his sister and cousins.

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!!! frown

Sadly, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63395 - 04/25/03 04:53 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
SRedw Offline

Don't feel sad, MadridMan. You know that you will go back for good, ONE DAY!

Un abrazo fuerte,

Shawn

#63396 - 04/25/03 05:03 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
We need you to go back, MM, to be able to report on your daily diet for us. You don't know what TORTURE it is to hear about your wonderful Spanish meals and adventures--I am simply green with envy.

So enjoy and start planning your return (I know you're doing that already).

Tara smile

#63397 - 04/25/03 11:18 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Espe3 Offline

Jejejej! NOW MadridMan, do you know why its BETTER to use the PUBLIC transportation when possible! wink :p

Don't worry, you'll be back sooner than you know it! I can almost guarentee it'll be BEFORE I get to go back! :o

Remember, its Hasta luego, not Adios! laugh

#63398 - 04/26/03 05:49 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The Journal was just uploaded for yesterday´s account. I was mostly alone, walking and shopping, but at night my ladyfriend and I had dinner at Casa Botín!!! Mmmmm...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63399 - 04/26/03 09:21 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
That entry made me cry, MM--I remember so vividly my last night of my summer in Salamanca, doing just what you were doing--holding hands with a special person, walking through the darkened streets and telling myself "I have to remember absolutely EVERYTHING about this"--how it looked, felt, smelled, sounded, tasted. My best memory of that night was of sitting on a stone bench with my friend, looking at the beautiful Plaza Mayor through teary eyes and saying to myself, "I WILL COME BACK HERE." And I did--again and again!

For anyone who hasn't yet experienced this magical sensation, it's very similar (for me) to the feeling you have on a gorgeous early-spring morning, walking through a park and noticing the sounds of birds, the green of the new grass, the first buds on the branches of trees. Everything fills your eyes and you're really AWARE of your surroundings in a way many of us usually aren't. Add to that some wistfulness about food, good friends, a special someone--and on go the water works! Boo-hoo!

#63400 - 04/26/03 10:41 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Taravb, you need a Spain Fix, gal!

MM, did you get to keep the Casa Botín wine carafe? When we visited, I asked the waiter if I could buy the carafe and he said, keep it, and now it sits proudly on my table with daisies, a daily reminder of a very nice retaurant. I did leave the waiter a big tip! laugh

MM, I feel that this trip you've taken us through a culinary tour of Madrid! The sumptious descriptions of the food and drinks is wonderful, and will give your readers ideas of what to try when they reach Madrid, instead of eating at, dare I say it, VIPS ! laugh

Gracias!

#63401 - 04/27/03 01:46 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Notice: The last installment of the journal, the one for Saturday (yesterday) will have to wait until I return home. There´s just no time to finish it here. Leaving within two hours. frown

Saludos, MadridMan

#63402 - 04/27/03 09:20 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Taravb, everybody, oh my gosh your going to make me cry frown . Thats exactly how i felt when i left Bilbao after spending the last summer studying there. Now, my semester here in Granada is coming to and end way to fast and i fly home
May 9. Im trying not to think about leaving, already trying to plot out how I can manage to come back again. frown
Kelly

#63403 - 04/27/03 11:48 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
¡¡¡Que tengas un buen viaje MMan!!! smile frown

Hey, JoeSambuca too went recently to Botin and got a superspecial treatment. Richie, why don't you post the pics of you being shown the kitchen of the place by the manager? cool

MMan,
It's hard to believe you tried 'calamares o chipirones en su tinta' and didn't like them (specially considering you looove the bocadillos de calamares laugh ). OK, I guess for a foreigner it must be weird at first to try a black sauce, but they're really good; however, next time you find yourself in the Basque country you can always opt for chipirones a lo Pelayo (Pelayo style), they're mmmmm....

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments