Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#63364 - 04/06/03 08:31 AM Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Everybody!!!!
(deeeep breath) Ah yes... here I am.. writing you direct from my favorite place on our earth. While I won´t bore you with many details here, you can, if interested, read MadridMan\'s Daily Online Journal .

But things are fine here. Very fine. In fact, very lazy at the moment but this is the first weekend of my arrival which is usually like "the calm before the storm". Monday/tomorrow starts 10-12 hour days on my feet sight-seeing, photographing, traveling, running, eating, visiting, learning, meeting, and other things that will cause my feet to ache by evening and force me to sleep soundly each night.

I love it here. I love it here. I feel very much "at home".

I´ll update this thread from time to time but the bulk of the information will be on the journal . Now.... it´s time for PAELLA!! :p

Saludos, laugh MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63365 - 04/06/03 12:08 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Welcome back MM! smile

#63366 - 04/06/03 06:53 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Fernando, I hope to see YOU on Friday night! smile I don´t think I can wait until Friday though to eat my first bocadillo de calamares. Mmm.... :p

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63367 - 04/08/03 02:58 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Had a GREAT day in Toledo today!!! Saw the El Greco Museum, the Toledo Cathedral, Plaza Zocodover, AND WALKED to the Parador for that great view of the city!! read all about it here! smile Unfortunately, the Alcázar was CLOSED for renovations. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

#63368 - 04/08/03 04:12 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hey, MM, great story of your travels in Toledo! It's sad that the Alcázar was closed, but there's so much else to see in Toledo that I am sure you still felt that it was a wonderful trip.

I love the church of San Juan de los Reyes, and also the church of Santa Maria la Blanca (which is Toledo's oldest synagogue, and was later reconsecrated as a church)--those would be worthwhile stops on your next trip!

Did you get the "AudioGuide" for the cathedral? We did that and were really glad of it. It told us lots of details about what we were seeing in that amazing place!

I am GREEN with envy about your Fanta Limón, BTW.

#63369 - 04/08/03 07:58 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
MM, I also loved reading about your escapades in Toledo...I could just imagine where you walked ( wow! ---what a long walk) You must be tired. I hope you still had some energy left to go for tapas when you got back to Madrid. laugh Thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions...it is SO wonderful to be part of your trip. DISFRUTELO...

#63370 - 04/08/03 11:00 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
NEWYORKRED Offline

Loc: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Hey MM, looking forward to seeing you in person. Can't wait for the night to begin on Friday until the cows come home!!!!!!!!!!
Saludos
NEW YORK RED & Company

#63371 - 04/08/03 11:17 PM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MadridMan,
You are too cool
I love your journal. Thank you for sharing Toledo. I almost felt I was there too! Fanta de Limón, Ay! I can't wait for the photographs and for the next installment! Enjoy!

#63372 - 04/09/03 01:01 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
MM, as always, I love reading your journal entries!!!
We leave in about 36 hours!!!!! See you Friday night!!!1 laugh

#63373 - 04/09/03 06:45 AM Re: Hello From Madrid!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey MMan!, I'm currently unemployed frown frown frown frown frown ,so feel free to send me a mail if you find yourself 'solito' and want to go for some tapas or something.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments