Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63355 - 03/30/03 10:08 PM In praise of MM
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
I was at my public library yesterday browsing through Spain travel books when it suddenly occured to me that everything I need to know about traveling in Spain, I've learnt here. So, as you're soon flying to Madrid, I wanted to wish you, dear Madridman, a stupendously sublime trip with your companion. Bon voyage!! wink

#63356 - 03/30/03 10:51 PM Re: In praise of MM
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
<blush!> I thank you for your kind words, plumepoppy. But really, I thank all those wonderful people who post their experiences, memories, opinions, and facts about Spain.

I honestly don't deserve any of the praise. Feel free to praise MadridMan.com but not MadridMan himself. (don't you just wait it when people talk about themselves in the 3rd person? rolleyes ) I've only provided the "library building" and all these selfless registered members, including yourself, are the books stuffed with wisdom & information.

Thanks for your well-wishes on my upcoming trip to Spain. Can't wait. <tick... tick... tick...>

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63357 - 03/30/03 11:05 PM Re: In praise of MM
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hey MadridMan, you're putting libraries out of business! laugh
Actually Madridman, your site does represent a wave of change. We librarians are finding that more and more users are seeking and gathering information in the Internet, WWW, or online databases. Sites like yours provide what libraries cannot, immediate access to information and convenience. Books are usually 6 to 12 months late. Take travel books, the 2003 edition is filled with information gathered in 2002 so it is anywhere between one to twelve months old. Here, you have someone coming right back from a trip reporting about what he found on his/her trip, can't beat that!

Saludos
Booklady, who will soon be put out of work by MadridMan and this Board! eek

#63358 - 03/31/03 05:39 AM Re: In praise of MM
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Booklady writes:
Quote:
... Books are usually 6 to 12 months late. Take travel books, the 2003 edition is filled with information gathered in 2002 ...
Would you believe 2001? eek Here's a 'for example:' A 2004 Travel edition Manuscript has to be at the printer's now (Spring, 2003) so that it can be 'on the shelves' for the 2003 Christmas season. Much of the information is 2-years out-of-date. The only changes in year to year editions are things that they know about! I guess the introduction of the Euro really threw them for a loop. rolleyes

I buy 'day old' doughnuts when available and 'last year's' Travel Guides. Then I just apply a little common sense to my interpretation. One must do that anyway. cool

Sorry, I neglected to add my plaudits for MM's Spain Travel Boards. They provide us with an excelent forum to exchange particular pieces of knowledge with one another. They benefit all of us who travel to Spain, not just to Madrid!

¡Que tomé una copita para todos nosotros y que lo pasé múy bien en Madrid la semana que viene! laugh

#63359 - 03/31/03 07:32 PM Re: In praise of MM
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Just say it MM...it starts like this," I'd just like to thank the little people who made this possible, You know who you are. I'd like thank the Academy..."

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1908 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments