Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63328 - 03/23/03 12:18 AM Calling cards in Spain
eugenek Offline

Rick Steves mentiones that there are 2 types of calling cards in Spain: insertable, and with a PIN. I'm planning to call mostly within Spain, but also a little bit to US and to Amsterdam. Which card is better, and where can I buy when I arrive to the Barcelona airport ?

Thanks a lot.

-Eugene

#63329 - 03/23/03 01:13 AM Re: Calling cards in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi eugenek! Seems to me we've mentioned this before in this forum (I moved yours here). Be sure to do a SEARCH using PHONE CARD (for example) as your keywords.

Anyone out there have any new/additional comments or experiences for eugenek?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63330 - 03/23/03 06:04 AM Re: Calling cards in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I swear by the Telefonica card, with an I/C chip on the card. It's available at Tabacs - least expensive is 6 Euro. cool

#63331 - 03/23/03 08:22 PM Re: Calling cards in Spain
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
My favorite is the Eurocity card. I think it gives you something like 2 hours to the US for 6 euros. More in Spain.

Melinda

#63332 - 03/25/03 04:38 AM Re: Calling cards in Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
GRRRR Well 2 days ago I would have said the eurocity card was the way to go without a doubt, BUT I just bought another one and they have now changed the cards. Before, I could make calls to the usa with it from my cell phone, or a pay phone, and get anywhere from 120- 300 minutes on the 6 euro card. NOW, they have changed them so that you only get that many minutes if you call from a fixed land line- like the phone in my host families apartment- that Im NOT allowed to use (even with a phone card). Using the card from my cell phone, pay phone I now only get around 40 minutes of talk time, not a good deal.

Some more advice on the Eurocity cards if you do get one. DONT call the number it tells you to dial for interational calls out of spain, youll only get 120 minutes. If you look on the card there is a list of numbers for all major cities. Call one of those (the Cadiz one normally works well). I dont know how, but you somehow end up getting like close to 300 minutes international by going through one of those numbers. Wow that is really pathetic that I know that....oh the things you learn from study abroad!! rolleyes
Kelly smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2019 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments